• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Liberty Origin vs armada JJ

Skiward

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Broke the tail end of my Liberty Origin 116 190. Awesome ski, love everything but could turn a bit quicker. I go Mach 5 more often than not and jump off stuff, love moguls and trees, pow hunter, but not a park rat. Anyone have any experience with the Origins vs armada JJ. Or thinking about staying with liberty, origin 116 vs double helix vs Schuster. What’s the difference between the three?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I know @Winks is a big fan of Armada's JJ, but I've been happy on the Origin 101 (for my size)

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I know @Winks is a big fan of Armada's JJ, but I've been happy on the Origin 101 (for my size)
Broke the tail end of my Liberty Origin 116 190. Awesome ski, love everything but could turn a bit quicker. I go Mach 5 more often than not and jump off stuff, love moguls and trees, pow hunter, but not a park rat. Anyone have any experience with the Origins vs armada JJ. Or thinking about staying with liberty, origin 116 vs double helix vs Schuster. What’s the difference between the three?

The Armada JJ is the original powder king! While I don’t have much experience with Liberty skis beyond a few of their narrower Origin skis I do say you can never go wrong with a wide Armada.
That all being said it also depends what kind of feeling you’re looking for, you mentioned going fast but being generally playful which could say you would like the JJ. I will mention that the tip and tail of the JJ is quite soft so it’s not the crud buster type of ski, but if you’re looking for a good solid daily resort ski, well you know my vote.

Sponsor

Staff online