• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Life Is Too Short For Black Pants

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Confess I really like these.
I do too and showed her these thinking she might like them. She wasn’t a fan

B7705C2F-AD62-42BE-A6D1-40089DFF7A19.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
No way buddy you're late on that call - master of obscure knowledge and sorted humor @cantunamunch already taught us about razzle-dazzle camouflage three years ago, My Custom Renouns post #16! Need a footnote on that one, credit where credit due;)
You're expecting me to remember a thread from 2017 that I didn't even participate in? That's asking a lot. I barely remember where I skied in 2017. :ogbiggrin:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Same goes for jeans. Need variety, not all blue and black.

1601420732928.png

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Any guy under 5'7" knows you just get black pants and move on. No one sells cool colors in short sizes, at least not in the snow pants department.

So true. I must have ten pairs of black ski pants that are current.
Yet once the black ski pant requirement are met, other colors in short lengths seem to crop up more often. I also have Kjus in yellow. Bogner in red, tan and white. Spyder in sky blue and mustard with navy blue racing strips.
It's almost as if they only put them out when I no longer have a requirement for more ski pants. How do they know? Mamie calls that one of the paradox of shopping.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So true. I must have ten pairs of black ski pants that are current.
Yet once the black ski pant requirement are met, other colors in short lengths seem to crop up more often. I also have Kjus in yellow. Bogner in red, tan and white. Spyder in sky blue and mustard with navy blue racing strips.
It's almost as if they only put them out when I no longer have a requirement for more ski pants. How do they know? Mamie calls that one of the paradox of shopping.
The bright orange ones from a few years ago (Whistler, maybe?) were a crowd favorite.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The bright orange ones from a few years ago (Whistler, maybe?) were a crowd favorite.

Oh yeah. Forgotten about that one. Orage nuclear orange.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Same goes for jeans. Need variety, not all blue and black.

sadly as an engineer I trend to limit my color palate with multiples of each when finding pants .. 2-3 each color to minimize matching confusion.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Any guy under 5'7" knows you just get black pants and move on. No one sells cool colors in short sizes, at least not in the snow pants department.
Not entirely true - if you can fit into the boys largest size you can get fun colors and at a cheaper price.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Not entirely true - if you can fit into the boys largest size you can get fun colors and at a cheaper price.
Better have a waist under 30" for that to work. My 18 year old son can still do that. Folks like me take a men's large waist 34" but a men's medium length 30" inseam. I always end up in a 32" or 34" inseam and just try to ignore the cuffs dragging on the ground.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I replaced my black pants with red ones. I didn't deliberately choose red. It was the only color on sale in my size that wasn't black.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Better have a waist under 30" for that to work. My 18 year old son can still do that. Folks like me take a men's large waist 34" but a men's medium length 30" inseam. I always end up in a 32" or 34" inseam and just try to ignore the cuffs dragging on the ground.
Yeah, it's a small group. My husband was a former gymnast, so he can pretty much still do it.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

They shortened a pair of my gray Strafe pants and the new seam is undetectable. I'm sending them another pair of Strafe pants in Cloisonne so I have pants that match my other Strafe jacket.

unnamed.jpg

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Full zip?

As in full zip down the leg to the cuff? If so then no, my pants don't have that feature. What they did was take all of the material out of the section between the knee and top of the scuff panel at the cuff so they didn't have to adjust anything but the fabric itself.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Many better made ski pants have seams around the knee area for inseam adjustment without messing with the complexities of the lower cuff area.
Material should be removed from both side of the seams to allow the new pant's "knee" to line up with the wearer's knee. I really don't want to see the "knees" of the pants down around my ankles.

Sponsor

Staff online