• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Life Is Too Short For Black Pants

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Many better made ski pants have seams around the knee area for inseam adjustment without messing with the complexities of the lower cuff area.
Material should be removed from both side of the seams to allow the new pant's "knee" to line up with the wearer's knee. I really don't want to see the "knees" of the pants down around my ankles.

Yes, and Rainy Pass discussed that with me prior to placing the order. They kept the knee section very close to my actual knee height. I'm short enough without having my pants make me look like I have no shin bones. ;)

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Besides understanding that I need a whole lot of work on technique and so forth, ditching black pants has been top priority since 18/19. So far I have a tan Columbia pair, gray Spyders and a super neat pair of blue vintage Roffe to go with the blue Demetre sweater I found at the thrift store in Mammoth a couple summers ago.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Where's @Bumpfreaq these days? I was following inspiration from him when I bought some light purple ski pants a couple years ago. I wish I had some warmer ones in that color that fit.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Where's @Bumpfreaq these days? I was following inspiration from him when I bought some light purple ski pants a couple years ago. I wish I had some warmer ones in that color that fit.

Pretty much vanished at the start of last season. Didn't respond to emails or texts either.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Pretty much vanished at the start of last season. Didn't respond to emails or texts either.
Oh so he got married :roflmao:

Seriously though, hope he's OK and happy. Was super fun dude to ski with and consider him a good friend in spite of pulling a Houdini.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well if you’re going to talk the talk,,,,,,After HAMMERING the Rossi 60% off Summer Sales this year, both of of us, the other half found out I paid full price and “ ALL HELL BROKE OUT “
Good thing I can hold my own when it comes to begging for forgiveness.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 11

James

Out There
Instructor
^Sweet.

I bought some bright green ones several years ago. In the store, the girl tried to talk me out of them. “You’re not going to buy those are you?”
I got comments on the Lady harts too. They were sold someone in Michigan last year

5725C172-E38F-416A-BA9A-B7C38C5890D8.jpeg

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^Sweet.

I bought some bright green ones several years ago. In the store, the girl tried to talk me out of them. “You’re not going to buy those are you?”
I got comments on the Lady harts too. They were sold someone in Michigan last year

View attachment 111734
So now our poles have to match our pants?
...or is it the other way around?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Seems you haven't yet convinced yourself that the lime green ones are a keeper :cool:
Came right before the COVID shutdown. I'll wear them to work and out on the town as soon as those things open back up.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Wait you mean you don't have a quiver of poles to match your quiver if skis? It's already a given that your outfit should match your ski choice for the day as should your poles....
Old photo. This is about half of them, but you get the idea..
1602102726490.png

James

Out There
Instructor
It’s a commutative property. :P (Heh, looked it up)
Volkl has made a ton of nicely colored poles.

4F6F2255-C298-43CE-9CC2-9B4D18D27A5C.jpeg

I hate to say it, but those lead weight c clamp poles matched your grey pants. Killington May 3, 2015

3AD483B4-75C6-42C5-BE86-E7E4C7F277D7.jpeg

A little bit of color in the pants brightens the scene. Stairway to Heaven in Verbier.

Last edited:

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s a commutative property. :P (Heh, looked it up)
Völkl has made a ton of nicely colored poles.

View attachment 111746
I hate to say it, but those lead weight c clamp poles matched your grey pants. Killington May 3, 2015

View attachment 111751
A little bit of color in the pants brightens the scene. Stairway to Heaven in Verbier.

More importantly, when was @mdf on kastle skies? And that's Super Star entrance, correct?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Wait you mean you don't have a quiver of poles to match your quiver if skis? It's already a given that your outfit should match your ski choice for the day as should your poles....
View attachment 111748

The Scott T2s on the right hand side are getting into 'old resin' territory - and I have three broken ones to prove it.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
View attachment 111748

Oh, nice. It's the "fun" corner... the ski gear, the guitars, the skateboards... ;)

James

Out There
Instructor
More importantly, when was @mdf on Kästle skies? And that's Super Star entrance, correct?
Yes, top of Super Star. Those were my skis. I was attempting to get him off the K2 Coombas. It took a few years. He’s been quite enamored over the 85 Navigators. Back then it was generally 106 or bust.

B4914D7B-496F-4DA0-BE84-585FA89843A3.jpeg

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, top of Super Star. Those were my skis. I was attempting to get him off the K2 Coombas. It took a few years. He’s been quite enamored over the 85 Navigators. Back then it was generally 106 or bust.

View attachment 111763
More importantly, how long you figure to get him off those boots?