• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lightweight Hydroflask insulated bottles

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I figure more people will be needing to bring their own hot drink this season.

Just in case you didn’t know about these:
Hydroflask has a lightweight ”trail series” insulated bottle now.

74A09973-0085-4912-AC9A-99A3D91081A7.jpeg

I have been using and loving the regular Hydroflask bottles for a while now:
  • Insulate very well. Usually I don’t need more insulation.
  • The wide mouth you can easily clean out cocoa, soup etc.
  • avalaible either with an safe screw top or easy to use flip top. The flip top is not 100% bomber, but it has been ok for me, as long as I can keep it upright.
  • tough, even in cold temps, yet will take boiling water.
The only drawback was how heavy they are. The trail series are noticeable lighter in hand. (listed 25%) They only come with the screw cap, so you might want to get a flip top lid for easy drinking.

I have been trying this ’screw spout’ style lid since last week. So far so good. It is more reliable when stuffed in a tight backpack, yet still allows you to sip from the bottle without having to remove the lid.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And for my fellow nerds, here are some weight comparisons:
These are absolutely not comparable in function. The Thermos insulates
longer, I’m sure. The Purist is a bike bottle. Minimal insulation and not a 100% leakproof top, can not put boiling water in it.
In other words, weight per liter of drink is only one factor when choosing a bottle, but it still is a very important one.

Note that most of the time, one would want the cup to go with the thermos, so it would be even heavier.All the others have attached sipping tops.

6ED232AB-D273-4618-B17A-8BCC1478658A.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online