• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Review: 2016 Nordica Enforcer 100

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is it hype if its true? The ski is damn good.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is a future 90mm Enforcer a possibility?

Granted, I've not been on this much-loved ski, but I've never met a 100mm ski I really enjoyed in the bumps. Yeah, some are passable, but nothing I've tried has been great. I pretty sure it's a law of physics.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Granted, I've not been on this much-loved ski, but I've never met a 100mm ski I really enjoyed in the bumps. Yeah, some are passable, but nothing I've tried has been great. I pretty sure it's a law of physics.

I would say the Enforcer is better than my Rictor 90xti's in the bumps. I honestly thought I would be on both skis a lot this season but now I am doubting how much use the Rictors will get.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

I flashed pretty much all of Ramrod last May on Phil's Enforcers. I think you might be surprised.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Could someone (@SBrown ) comment on the experienced (as opposed to on paper) difference between the Santa Anas and the Enforcers? I'm pretty confident that the Santa Ana was the right choice for me, and I love the thing to bits, but would you say the Enforcer is better for someone with stronger, more aggressive technique? Would the same person like both, or is it pretty clearly an either/or? Situational?

Well, I skied the Santa Ana all day yesterday, but it was in blower, 10 to 20 inches depending on where we were.
Exhibit A:

santaana.png

The only issue I had, and it wasn't much, was that some of the areas we skied still had some barely covered rocks, and I was a bit apprehensive about clocking one under the snow with the low tip. The day before I had been on my DPS bananas, with that huge tip, so I wasn't all that concerned. But yeah, it was 4-5% snow, easy to point and shoot. Later in the day, I was getting tired and sort of wanted the DPS back when we were in the trees, but that's just because I was starting to feel lazy.

That said, if I personally were getting one of these for a OSQ or travel ski, I would buy the Enforcer rather than the Santa Ana. Both handle all conditions superbly, but I liked the little extra oomph of the Enforcer.

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm sold. Can you folks advise 3 things:

1st) The best ski length for a 170lb dude who likes short turns with good rebound and some speed on groomers and does that well but skis off piste fairly poorly. (isn't Phil like 155 and wants to be skiing 185s there and the 200 lb guys are talking the same length? )

#2) Suggested binding.

#3) Where the best deal, mounted, would be?

Thanks

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I don't own them but have been following most reviews. Based on what I've seen:

1) 185. Doesn't ski that long and isn't too much to handle. I'm at your weight and that's the length I'd consider.

2) Whatever makes you comfortable and has a 97-110mm brake will work. Favorites around here are Look Pivot/Rossi FKS and Tyrolia AAAttack (skiessientials has great deals on the latter now.)

3) Anywhere you can find them. Seriously I don't think you're gonna find much of a deal on these right now as they are sold out all over the place. See if the place you buy them from will discount a mount (or price match skiessentials)?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm sold. Can you folks advise 3 things:

1st) The best ski length for a 170lb dude who likes short turns with good rebound and some speed on groomers and does that well but skis off piste fairly poorly. (isn't Phil like 155 and wants to be skiing 185s there and the 200 lb guys are talking the same length? )

#2) Suggested binding.

#3) Where the best deal, mounted, would be?

Thanks
1) Ia m 190b (Dawg is 155). I have the 177 and would be just as, if not happier on the 185. The 177 is on the short side and I can find the limits but for a ski that is a bit short it is not nervous at all for 90% of the skiing, and really can you except any ski to be 100% perfect?

2) If you are a Salomon fan, Sth2 13, a Tyrolia fan, Attack 13, Marker fan Griffon, Look/Rossi Pivot/FKS12 (my Thumbnail) or SPX/AXL3 12 (which SkiEssentials just did an extensive review of HERE)

3) @SkiEssentials has already taken care of a few members here already and would be my first of to for options. Shoot them a PM.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
1) Ia m 190b (Dawg is 155). I have the 177 and would be just as, if not happier on the 185. The 177 is on the short side and I can find the limits but for a ski that is a bit short it is not nervous at all for 90% of the skiing, and really can you except any ski to be 100% perfect?

@SkiEssentials has already taken care of a few members here already and would be my first of to for options. Shoot them a PM.

I literally was just posting this. I would almost say (although demoing is always best) that the 177 might be a better tool for a developing skier for off-piste skiing who isn't skiing at high speeds.

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Wow, you guys are fast. (that's what she said too I bet :D) So advice both ways and it's between the 177's and the 185s. I'd like to demo them but the ski resorts nearby are waiting for snow still and I'm not even sure they have them. They opened last weekend and I got a solid quad burn running groomers with my old skis (Salomon Teneighty CR's) not worrying about the bases, WOOT! So I might just gratefully accept Skiessentials gracious offer and pull the trigger sight unseen.

177s or 185's?

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I'm 165lbs and a relatively strong skier both on and off piste and while I've only demoed these skis (177) for a couple of runs I would be suprised if I were to go with the 185s simply because I couldn't find anything the 177 didn't do for me. I used to err on the side of extra length but that has changed particularly for skis with metal in them. I could find no speed limit on this ski skiing through 3" inches of blower on top of refrozen crud. It's possible the 185 would be slightly better in heavy set up crud at very high speeds but otherwise the 177 worked perfectly for me......not FX95HP or SR95 perfectly but close enough:D

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm 165lbs and a relatively strong skier both on and off piste and while I've only demoed these skis (177) for a couple of runs I would be suprised if I were to go with the 185s simply because I couldn't find anything the 177 didn't do for me. I used to err on the side of extra length but that has changed particularly for skis with metal in them. I could find no speed limit on this ski skiing through 3" inches of blower on top of refrozen crud. It's possible the 185 would be slightly better in heavy set up crud at very high speeds but otherwise the 177 worked perfectly for me......not FX95HP or SR95 perfectly but close enough:D
@Couchmaster , in post #50, you said you liked "short turns" and at 170b I think the 177 would work for you, unless you are over 6'0. Again I am 5'11" and 190 and I am very happy with 177cm for the reason you are looking for.

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Bam! 177's it is. I need to get my BSL first when I get home tonight it turns out. I'll just sit here and shake from Jonesing till I can get the order in. Thanks for the fast response Skiessential Jeff. AND ALL THE ADVICE FROM EVERYONE TOO!

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online