• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Review: 2016 Nordica Enforcer 100

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Except I have them in the 164 (i am 5'6", 148 lbs) - so for me they are a 13 meter ski -

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Here's the answer to my own question: SkiLogik Occam's Razor. It was offered in a 162 and 172. The 172: 136mm – 76mm – 114mm – 11.5m

occamsrazor-0.jpeg

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was all set to buy an Enforcer 93 until I demoed the Head Kore 93. For me they both seemed similar except the Kore is waaaay lighter.

Then I demoed the new for 2019 Head V-10 V Shape, (on loan to our shop from the Head rep) 85mm underfoot with wide tip and tail creating quite an hourglass shape. 13.6 turning radius with very slight tip rocker and IIRC, cambered tail. Also very, very light weight and very good at carving short or long radius turns. So now I think I might get the V-10 instead of the Kore 93 as it is more of a carver than the Kore 93 and should be just as good in small amounts of pow as the all mountain Kore 93.

Then there is the super lightweight Kore 105 which has got me thinking about selling my Kastle BMX 108.

Decision, decisions. There are too many great skis out there.:doh::huh::huh:
Thx for the Head's up! Was afraid of quiver overlap with Kore 93 to my Volkl 90eight, V-10 is now at the top of my must demo list, followed by Kore 105 :)

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's the answer to my own question: SkiLogik Occam's Razor. It was offered in a 162 and 172. The 172: 136mm – 76mm – 114mm – 11.5m

View attachment 36201

I came so close to buying a pair of these. Went with the more "mainstream" Head iSL instead, which are a blast in firm snow, but they are NOT light.

@DanoT, will there be a complete series of V's?

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier
IMO, right now Head is killing it with the use of Graphene in their skis. Graphene is a powder that is mixed in with the fibreglass resin and the strongest man made product in existence. Head has used the stuff in their tennis rackets for a number of years but it is fairly new in skis. My understanding is that Graphene stiffens up the resin, allowing them to use less resin (the skis are pretty thin) and hence a lighter ski.

I'm pretty sure the above description of Head's use of Graphene is incorrect. Graphene is a single atom thick "sheet" of pure carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal linked pattern - like six sided floor tiles - these "sheets" are incorporated into the construction of skis similar to sheets of metal or fiberglass. With its incredible thinness and super high strength to weight ratio, several "sheets" of Graphene can replace a much thicker and heaver metal or fiberglass sheet and achive the same or better performance resulting in a much lighter ski.

Last edited:

Crudmaster

tinyurl.com/pungjgt
Skier
It's also possible that TahoeCharlie and DanoT are both correct. Bzillions of little sheets of single-atom thick carbon could be the primary ingredient of a paste.

You wouldn't expect that they'd be able to lay down meter-long pieces of one-atom-thick sheets, do you?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I've no expertise, but I imagine the graphene is added via something like the ion deposition technology used for lens coatings, etc.
Someone here is surely able to explain it better.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Don't see anything there on how the graphene is added, just refers to a "layer" of the stuff.
Given my own fumbling experiences with sandwich wrap :doh:, I'd expect considerable handling problems, uniformity defects and waste if they're working with a roll of one-molecule material :crossfingers:.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
height: 6'0"
weight: 183 nekked
skier level: 7+, 8 when I remove head from a$$ and just ski

2016-2017 E 100 with Marker Griffons in a 185
Agonized slightly over the length but have grown into the 185 easily and now realize 177 would have caused regrets, like so many have said these ski short

Quiver comment, I have a set of Volkl RTM 81s in 171 for SouthEast skiing, and I thought I'd enjoy a quiver. I've not skied the Volkls since I got the E 100s. Not once. Even on south east ice and slush.

I love them in all Western Conditions including powder up to 18+" beyond that (and I've not skied that much deeper pow, yet) I'm looking for an AT pow ski.

I concur the top sheets seem weak, after 2 seasons and not that many days mine are beat up, especially on the tails. It's weird.

I think you can't go wrong with these for a do almost everything you want ski, and they made me more confident/better (due to confidence).

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Enforcer 100 has more weight but a forgiving flex so it’s easy to ski by a wide range of abilities but has the heft to be stable at speed and fly through crud.

Re-posting from the Blizzard forum, since this is the best one sentence summary of the Enforcer 100 I've seen.

I've never had a ski that covers such a broad spectrum of snow conditions and speeds. And it is SO non-fatiguing to ski.

It's at home on a slow-ish soft groomer day with my wife, as well as chasing my fastest friend through cut up chop at Mach Looney speeds.

Sorta soft and sorta damp. Turns out to be a great combo for me, and the more I ski it, the more I appreciate it.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
I really liked the Enforcer 100 after I moved the mount back a tad. I need a deeper snow ski to go with my SR95- does the 110 ski like a wider 100? Or totally different.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I really liked the Enforcer 100 after I moved the mount back a tad. I need a deeper snow ski to go with my SR95- does the 110 ski like a wider 100? Or totally different.

Same. "Liked" it on the line, LOVE it at minus 1.5.

The 100 and 110 ski totally differently. I think the 110 is a cross between the 100 and the old Patron.

@GregK and @Josh Matta have more time on the 110 than I do, so perhaps they will provide more details.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
ha
I concur the top sheets seem weak, after 2 seasons and not that many days mine are beat up, especially on the tails. It's weird.

I agree. I am a total hack both on my Rallies and on my Enforcesr 100, so let's get that out of the way. But the rallies have a lot more ski days on and the topsheets are almost new. The topsheets on the Enforcers look like a much older ski. All sorts of gouges.

Having said that, there is a reason this ski is so popular. It gets so many things incredibly well. Great review by @Ron and lots of good info in this thread, btw.

brian avery

Skiing - Let's Do This!
Skier
Lol. See that's my only real criticism. I already put Grass Sticks And Steamboat stickers on mine (and Pugski will go on when they arrive ).

I agree abo tthe length too. I recommended the 193 on another thread for someone who was north of 200# and 6'. I really don't the 193 would ski that long.
Ron, what would you recommend for length for someone 6'1" and 190 lbs? 185 cm?

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
unless you are a very aggressive skier, I would go 185. Pittsford? Are you skiing Bristol on these or traveling with them?

Sponsor