• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Review: 2016 Nordica Enforcer 100

toddmanley

Booting up
Skier
If you don't mind, what's your height and weight?

6'9", 230 pounds. Previous skis for the past 5+ years had been an old set of Volkl 198cm G4's which liked to get down the hills in as few turns as possible.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I was able to take out my new 193's last Friday up at Squaw in less than ideal conditions - windblown patches in the upper bowl, icy slopes from the rain/sleet/snow mix the night before, some powder in the trees (details here - http://snow.traceup.com/stats/u?uId=540497&vId=2067692).

Needless to say I'm so happy I pulled the trigger on these skis! They worked great on all these conditions and I know my buddy was tired of my sh!t-faced grin every time we got on the lift. A solid addition that will keep me happy for years to come.

Did you get into any moguls? My tall son probably needs new skis sooner than later ... he is 6'6" 200ish ... was on 191 Atomic Access, so I'm thinking a 193 Enforcer might do the job. The only caveat is I'm wondering about that length in moguls.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I don't care what anyone says, the Bonafide got progressively stiffer and beefer through it's life span. The very first Bonafide was a different ski in it's playfulness than what is offered now.

I have the 15/16 Bonafides with Carbon. You are correct - they are beefy and stiff - but still able to ski at differing speeds. Love the long arcs but I can still turn quick short turns as needed. Just got off them - we have some good snow at Schweitzer and these are perfect for those soft days - on/off groomers when you know there will be chop and crud after a few hours. These things eat that stuff up - amazing. My buddy just got the E100 and we have the same boot size - so looking forward to riding them and compare and contrast. His are185 and my Bones are 180 a should be fun.

nikonfme

Booting up
Skier
I don't care what anyone says, the Bonafide got progressively stiffer and beefer through it's life span. The very first Bonafide was a different ski in it's playfulness than what is offered now.

I agree. I have the first years bonafide and just purchased this years. In comparison, the tails are stiffer and MUCH less rocker profile in the new version which I didn't realize until they were standing side by side. The carbon did not make this ski lighter either as others have proclaimed, just stiffer. Still like the ski but not as much as the first generation. Need to try the 93's.

Pat Connors

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi,
I am new to this site and looking for advice on length for Enforcer 100. I am 69, 5' 9 and 145 pound, advanced skier and ski exclusively in BC (Silver Star) and currently ski on Bonfide 173 which are about 3 years old. I have been looking for a similar ski but is more forgiving in bumps for my ageing legs. Tested a few bit I am leaning towards the Enforcer 100. My dilemma is I can only test the 177 and I am used to a ski in the low 170 range. If I choose the 169 Enforcer, I will not be able to try it first.
I have read the 169 skis very different. Is this true? Any one out there who has tested both?

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi,
I am new to this site and looking for advice on length for Enforcer 100. I am 69, 5' 9 and 145 pound, advanced skier and ski exclusively in BC (Silver Star) and currently ski on Bonfide 173 which are about 3 years old. I have been looking for a similar ski but is more forgiving in bumps for my ageing legs. Tested a few bit I am leaning towards the Enforcer 100. My dilemma is I can only test the 177 and I am used to a ski in the low 170 range. If I choose the 169 Enforcer, I will not be able to try it first.
I have read the 169 skis very different. Is this true? Any one out there who has tested both?

Hi -
I am a little younger (62), a little shorter 5'6"), but the same weight. I would go with the 177 Explorer 100. The 169 will be too short. I have skied the old Enforcer at 169 and demoed the new Enforcer at 177 - actual base contact length between the two is the same.

I suspect that if you hold the Bonafide 173 up to the Explorer 177, you will find base contact lengths are about the same, but the Explorer is a more forgiving ski in the bumps than the Bonafide.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Pat, I'm 69, 6'2" and about 165. I demo'd the 177 Enforcer 100 and it skied very short. I think you'd be fine with the 177 and I've read several negative reports on the 169, mainly that it's just not the same ski. As Wannabe says, if you can handle a 173 Bonifide you should be fine on a 177 Enforcer.

James

Out There
Instructor
The thing skis really short. Go 177 or get a different ski. You really should try the Enforcer 93.

Pat Connors

Skier
Thanks to all your input on the Enforcer 100. As per the last suggestion, I will also try the Enforcer 93 which I can demo in 169 and 173. Very cold and hard snow conditions here in BC and not the best conditions to test either ski.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pat -
They will be "ok" on hard snow but not great - one of the reasons that I haven't purchased either. I am an Eastern skier (Vermont) with a couple of trips a year to the West. I like to keep my ski life simple - one pair of skis and if I am lucky to hit deep powder then get a pair of "demo" skis from a local shop. My old Enforcers are great hard snow skis and I found them quite quick in bumps and trees and good enough in knee deep powder.

When looking to replace my Old Enforcer - probably one of the best "one ski quiver" that was made in recent years - I skied the Rossi Experience 88HD in a 164 - a very good ski and one that I enjoyed while in Breckenridge this past month during a week of snow and wind and were phenomemal on hard snow in the east. They performed quite well in the various snow conditions during the week in Breckenridge.

@Phil suggested the Armada Invictus 90 as something that would mirror the Old Enforcer - I haven't had a chance to try it yet but will next year as I am now recovering from surgery to repair a ruptured Achilles tendon that came back with me from CO (somehow managed to ski on it for 2 days, thinking it was a calf strain).

Enjoy the demo, but don't get hung up on "hot ski hype" - my local ski shop steered me away from the new Enforcers knowing the way I like to ski and how I ski and encourgaged me to try a ski that I wasn't on my radar and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
I'm 5'7", 150 pounds, 72 years old. I've skied both the 169 and 177 lengths. Believe me, you do not want the 169. The 177 is fun, easy to turn, great edge grip. I skied it on groomers, in the trees and in the bumps and it was great. The 169 is not, in fact there's only one ski I've ever tried that I disliked more. It just isn't a shorter version of a great ski, it's a short bad ski.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
My question to the OP is at what ski shop can he find an Enforcer 100 to buy? At Elevation Ski & Bike at Sun Peaks we sold out of the Enforcer 100 before Xmas. We still have several 100s in demo and demo and for sale Enforcer 93s which are better suited for the hard pack that we have been skiing lately.

IMO the Enforcer 100 skis a lot like the Blizzard Bonafide.

James

Out There
Instructor
Tons of Enforcer 100 in the East available but I get there's a currency issue from CAN.
For what he wants the E93 seems a lot better. Or even go down to the 80's.

Pat Connors

Skier
Thanks to James' tip to try the E93. I skied them all day in a 169 and they were just perfect for what I wanted the. Great in the hard moguls, very nimble, absorbed shocks, great edge hold and plenty of stability in fast, hard groomers. Much better suited to me than the E100 in 177. So good in fact, I have bought a pair. Thanks to all for your Input.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Tons of Enforcer 100 in the East available but I get there's a currency issue from CAN.
For what he wants the E93 seems a lot better. Or even go down to the 80's.

I am not sure how the discounted Canadian dollar (discounted against the US dollar but not the Euro) affects the availability of a ski, but skis are cheaper in Canada than the US. A ski that costs $800US in the USA costs $800CDN in Canada or about $550-600US in Canada.

Last edited:

toddmanley

Booting up
Skier
Post-Utah ski trip update (Snowbird, Alta)...

After missing out skiing any of the Tahoe storms in the past 4 weeks I was able to get 4 really good days in split between Snowbird and Alta. The first 3 days were absolutely gorgeous and the skis performed on the groomers just fine. On the last day there was an under-reported dump of fresh powder and Alta was perfect (albeit stormy). In 8-10" of new Wasatch powder these skis floated well and worked good in the open chutes and trees. Less tip diving than what I experienced up at Sugar Bowl earlier in the season with 20" of powder (...it could be that my powder skiing improved too). With balanced weight on the ski these performed well enough all day that I didn't feel the need to demo a wider pair of powder skis. Later in the day these also shined in the cut-up leftovers - more stable than I predicted resulting in me putting more trust/faith in the ski.

All in all it was a good trip to try the ski on different snow conditions away from the Sierra cement.

-Thanks, Todd

Sponsor