• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Review: 2016 Nordica Enforcer 100

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Did you get into any moguls? My tall son probably needs new skis sooner than later ... he is 6'6" 200ish ... was on 191 Atomic Access, so I'm thinking a 193 Enforcer might do the job. The only caveat is I'm wondering about that length in moguls.

I'm 6'3 210 and I find my 185 Enforcers to be great in bumps. They pretty much made my 90mm skis obsolete. I would actually be concerned about going to the 193s due to turn radius. I now ski my Enforcers pretty much all the time except for the deeper pow days.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks everyone for the great information in this thread, it has been very useful to me.

I have a question about fitting the Enforcer 100 into a quiver. I just bought the Rossi Experience 88's, which I think will be great for carving on East Coast groomers, with the ability to handle occasional off-trail use. I am now looking into a second ski in my quiver for crud, powder, off-trail fun, and trips out West. Does it make sense for me to consider the Enforcer? I see the Enforcer as potentially being my go-to ski in the East for powder (doesn't happen too often), for the crud/chopped up days after powder, and for times when I get to go to Sugarloaf, Jay, MRG where there is a ton of fun off-trail opportunities. I will also take it on trips out West.

My big question though: would I be better off getting a larger ski, like a 105mm+ underfoot, to complement my 88mm Rossi's? On big powder days out West I imagine that the Enforcers work but are not ideal ... but on the other hand, those days are SO rare for me now, and when they do happen I would be OK renting/demoing larger skis. Crud/chopped up is WAY more common for me than powder, and this is where I hear people absolutely loving the Enforcers.

On the other hand, if I try the Enforcer 93's and love them, perhaps they alone could function somewhere between the Rossi E88's and the Enforcer 100?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks everyone for the great information in this thread, it has been very useful to me.

I have a question about fitting the Enforcer 100 into a quiver. I just bought the Rossi Experience 88's, which I think will be great for carving on East Coast groomers, with the ability to handle occasional off-trail use. I am now looking into a second ski in my quiver for crud, powder, off-trail fun, and trips out West. Does it make sense for me to consider the Enforcer? I see the Enforcer as potentially being my go-to ski in the East for powder (doesn't happen too often), for the crud/chopped up days after powder, and for times when I get to go to Sugarloaf, Jay, MRG where there is a ton of fun off-trail opportunities. I will also take it on trips out West.

My big question though: would I be better off getting a larger ski, like a 105mm+ underfoot, to complement my 88mm Rossi's? On big powder days out West I imagine that the Enforcers work but are not ideal ... but on the other hand, those days are SO rare for me now, and when they do happen I would be OK renting/demoing larger skis. Crud/chopped up is WAY more common for me than powder, and this is where I hear people absolutely loving the Enforcers.

On the other hand, if I try the Enforcer 93's and love them, perhaps they alone could function somewhere between the Rossi E88's and the Enforcer 100?
Jake, I think the Enforcer woudl be a great complement to an E88 especially in the east, you are on the right track for sure.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Definitely consider the explorer 100 as a second ski, although don't discount the Experience 88 in the west. I have them and skied them in Breckenridge during a week of constant snow and really enjoyed them. The E88 is really a phenomenal ski

Reactions: RJS

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
Jake, I think the Enforcer woudl be a great complement to an E88 especially in the east, you are on the right track for sure.

Thanks! Great to hear. Do you think I ought to go > 100mm underfoot for a pair of skis to complement the Rossi E88's? My big question is should my quiver be something like: 88, 100, 110+ (which may be a rentral/demo), or should I do: 88, 105+ (and skip the Enforcer)?

Also, Philpug thank you for creating this site! I have learned so much in the last few weeks since discovering it.

Definitely consider the explorer 100 as a second ski, although don't discount the Experience 88 in the west. I have them and skied them in Breckenridge during a week of constant snow and really enjoyed them. The E88 is really a phenomenal ski

Thank you, glad to hear that the Rossi E88 skis well out West! Do you think the Enforcer 100 has too much overlap with the Rossi Experience 88? I wonder if the Enforcer 93 could essentially take the place of both?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Thanks! Great to hear. Do you think I ought to go > 100mm underfoot for a pair of skis to complement the Rossi E88's? My big question is should my quiver be something like: 88, 100, 110+ (which may be a rentral/demo), or should I do: 88, 105+ (and skip the Enforcer)?

Also, Philpug thank you for creating this site! I have learned so much in the last few weeks since discovering it.

Thank you, glad to hear that the Rossi E88 skis well out West! Do you think the Enforcer 100 has too much overlap with the Rossi Experience 88? I wonder if the Enforcer 93 could essentially take the place of both?

I would say no. The E88 is quite different from the Enforcer, much more than the difference in width suggests. They are very different designs.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi.
Others here would tell you that the Enforcer 93 and Enforcer 100 are almost 2 different skis. I have skied the Enforcer 100. The Enforcer 100 is not a hard snow ski (coming from a Killington skier). The Exp.88 is a tremendous hard snow ski and versatile enough to handle crud and calf to knee deep powder. I also think it is a good ski for the trees. I think the Enforcer 100 would make a good second ski for the quiver, as it will be "fun" in the powder and softer conditions. Also don't forget about turn shape. Do you prefer shorter turns or longer turns. I ski the Exp 88 in a 164 and the Enforcer 100 in a 177. Turn radius on the Exp. 88 is about 14 m, while the Explorer is 17 - that is only a reference point for what shape turn the ski prefers - as you make either ski do any turn you want.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I think your question can be answered with another question: How much do you want to use the "bigger" ski? The Enforcer won't be as wonderful on big dump days as something wider, BUT you'll probably choose to use it on a lot of shallower days when you might not want a wider ski. In your shoes, I'd probably choose the Enforcer, then get frustrated a few times with your idea of trying to rent a wider ski on super-deep days, thereby justifying snagging a pair of pow specialty skis at giveaway prices in April or May. Ha!

To complicate things, I'll mention that there is an Enforcer 110 coming right around the corner.........

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hi.
Others here would tell you that the Enforcer 93 and Enforcer 100 are almost 2 different skis. I have skied the Enforcer 100. The Enforcer 100 is not a hard snow ski (coming from a Killington skier). The Exp.88 is a tremendous hard snow ski and versatile enough to handle crud and calf to knee deep powder. I also think it is a good ski for the trees. I think the Enforcer 100 would make a good second ski for the quiver, as it will be "fun" in the powder and softer conditions. Also don't forget about turn shape. Do you prefer shorter turns or longer turns. I ski the Exp 88 in a 164 and the Enforcer 100 in a 177. Turn radius on the Exp. 88 is about 14 m, while the Explorer is 17 - that is only a reference point for what shape turn the ski prefers - as you make either ski do any turn you want.

Thanks, great to know. In your profile you say that you ski bumps - how did the Enforcer 100's compare in the bumps to the Experience 88's? I've heard great things about the Enforcers in the bumps, which surprises me because they are considered very stiff (http://www.skis.com/Nordica-Enforcer-Skis/426262P,default,pd.html).

I think your question can be answered with another question: How much do you want to use the "bigger" ski? The Enforcer won't be as wonderful on big dump days as something wider, BUT you'll probably choose to use it on a lot of shallower days when you might not want a wider ski. In your shoes, I'd probably choose the Enforcer, then get frustrated a few times with your idea of trying to rent a wider ski on super-deep days, thereby justifying snagging a pair of pow specialty skis at giveaway prices in April or May. Ha!

To complicate things, I'll mention that there is an Enforcer 110 coming right around the corner.........

Good point about super-deep powder days! That's interesting that they are making a 110 version of the Enforcers...hmm. Maybe I should wait until next season and see how people are liking the 110s? The 110s will presumably be better in powder, but worse in groomers, bumps, and trees.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, great to know. In your profile you say that you ski bumps - how did the Enforcer 100's compare in the bumps to the Experience 88's? I've heard great things about the Enforcers in the bumps, which surprises me because they are considered very stiff (http://www.skis.com/Nordica-Enforcer-Skis/426262P,default,pd.html).

Good point about super-deep powder days! That's interesting that they are making a 110 version of the Enforcers...hmm. Maybe I should wait until next season and see how people are liking the 110s? The 110s will presumably be better in powder, but worse in groomers, bumps, and trees.

Haven't had a chance to ski the explorer 100 in the bumps, but my old enforcer 98 is pretty good in the bumps and is stiffer than the explorer 100. I like the Experience 88 better than the explorer 100, if you are looking for a 1 ski quiver. If you are thinking of the explorer 100 as a second ski for the west, I would keep looking, or at least try your experience 88 in the west. You won't be disappointed.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
Haven't had a chance to ski the explorer 100 in the bumps, but my old enforcer 98 is pretty good in the bumps and is stiffer than the explorer 100. I like the Experience 88 better than the explorer 100, if you are looking for a 1 ski quiver. If you are thinking of the explorer 100 as a second ski for the west, I would keep looking, or at least try your experience 88 in the west. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you again, I really appreciate the advice. I demoed the Rossi E88's out West on the groomers with a little bit of bumps and trees and loved them, but didn't get a chance to give them an honest shot in the bumps, and had no powder to test their powder abilities on.

I will probably reevaluate next season, but I think the big quiver question for me is whether to do a 2-ski quiver with (potentially) the E88's plus a ~ 105 underfoot for crud/powder, or a 3-ski quiver with E88's, something ~100, and something 110+? I can't justify spending too much in one season, so a 3-ski quiver would take a good amount of time to build up, and seems like it might be too much when 2 skis could suffice almost as well.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
What is an explorer 100?

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I was all set to buy an Enforcer 93 until I demoed the Head Kore 93. For me they both seemed similar except the Kore is waaaay lighter.

Then I demoed the new for 2019 Head V-10 V Shape, (on loan to our shop from the Head rep) 85mm underfoot with wide tip and tail creating quite an hourglass shape. 13.6 turning radius with very slight tip rocker and IIRC, cambered tail. Also very, very light weight and very good at carving short or long radius turns. So now I think I might get the V-10 instead of the Kore 93 as it is more of a carver than the Kore 93 and should be just as good in small amounts of pow as the all mountain Kore 93.

Then there is the super lightweight Kore 105 which has got me thinking about selling my Kastle BMX 108.

Decision, decisions. There are too many great skis out there.:doh::huh::huh:

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Then I demoed the new for 2019 Head V-10 V Shape, (on loan to our shop from the Head rep) 85mm underfoot with wide tip and tail creating quite an hourglass shape. 13.6 turning radius with very slight tip rocker and IIRC, cambered tail. Also very, very light weight and very good at carving short or long radius turns. So now I think I might get the V-10 instead of the Kore 93 as it is more of a carver than the Kore 93 and should be just as good in small amounts of pow as the all mountain Kore 93.

That's an interesting direction — sort of like that Skilogic ski. What was it called?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
V-10 sounds intriguing @DanoT.

IMO, right now Head is killing it with the use of Graphene in their skis. Graphene is a powder that is mixed in with the fibreglass resin and the strongest man made product in existence. Head has used the stuff in their tennis rackets for a number of years but it is fairly new in skis. My understanding is that Graphene stiffens up the resin, allowing them to use less resin (the skis are pretty thin) and hence a lighter ski.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's an interesting direction — sort of like that Skilogic ski. What was it called?

Just in front of the toe piece it says:

V-10
V Shape

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was all set to buy an Enforcer 93 until I demoed the Head Kore 93. For me they both seemed similar except the Kore is waaaay lighter.

Then there is the super lightweight Kore 105 which has got me thinking about selling my Kastle BMX 108.

Decision, decisions. There are too many great skis out there.:doh::huh::huh:

The Head V-10 sounds a lot like the Rossi Experience88HD - I love my pair - for me they are a go almost anywhere ski - they carve, they work in the bumps and not too tight trees

Sponsor

Staff online