• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Any idea how a Fischer 78 flex in a 188 gs ski would correspond to yours?
Or : a Fischer 54 flex in 165 Slalom
15/16 Blizzard fis sl 165? Not marked.

Paging @ScotsSkier to the Pugski Courtesy Phone.

James, you would need to be more specific on the year/radius for the Fischer. For the blizzard, also depends on which version of the ski it is ( there ar3 2 differ3nt ones in the catalog )

Also, remember with Augment the flex range is specific to te ski I.e a 4 in the masters ski is different to a 4 in theFIS ski. To date I have skied 4,5 and 6 flexes in The Masters GS, FIS W GS and Masters slalom. I actually raced the FIS GS ski at US Masters Nationals last week and I would say the 5 flex was pretty spot on for me. The 6 in the masters slalom was softer than I would like but remember I am normally on a FIS slalom

James

Out There
Instructor
The Fischer GS is 18/19 188/30.78 flex
Fischer Slalom 17/18 165 54 flex

Both of those are pretty soft. Esp the gs.It's just a reference.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Fischer GS is 18/19 188/30.78 flex
Fischer Slalom 17/18 165 54 flex

Both of those are pretty soft. Esp the gs.It's just a reference.

Yes, Fischer went really soft in their GS skis a couple of years ago. I would put these around the 6-7 flex in Augment. See the reviews just posted at https://www.pugski.com/threads/augment-masters-skis-gs-world-cup-pro-and-sl-world-cup-pro.14952/ for the Masters slalom and GS skis. I have only had a couple of runs on the Augment FIS slalom so far, so too soon to compare

Last edited:

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
How can we help you? We're the US/CAN distributor but we work closely with Austria and are happy to help you get started in your hunt for the right ski.

Here's what we're noticing. The majority of skis that we've been selling have been in the 4-6 flex range but that pertains primarily to the race skis as those have been our best sellers so far. When it comes to the All-Mountain skis, I would listen to Phil's suggestion in posts above. We're finding that there's plenty of strength in a ski at a 5 so if you want a ski that's more supple, we would recommend staying in the "lower half" of the range meaning the softer side which is 6-10. We're confidently recommending to people to ski 6-8 for the All-Mountain 77. If you're intermediate to advanced I believe a 7 or 8 would be quite sufficient.

@Augment Skis NA thanks for the reply. I will try to reach out by PM to you.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Wally, what can we answer for you? We're distributing out of Park City, Utah with the independent distributor Lifelong Sports LLC. Lifelong has Reps working hard to get retailers on the skis. Our sales will be limited to one ski shop in any given ski town or city in order to give that shop a sizable territory.

Will send a PM regarding questions about purchase. Tried to locate a pair of 77's last year in London, Geneva and Zurich last year and was unsuccessful.

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
Got it...I have some thoughts on skis for you that I will send over. I'm thinking that the new/returned All-Mountain 88 will be the ski for you.

thanks for the quick reply- I look forward to your follow up. I wasn't even aware of the 88.

Augment Skis

Getting on the lift
Manufacturer
The All-Mountain 88 was around last year and then was tabled for this season. It comes back into the line for next season. We're also working on bringing the 99 back as well as a newly developed 108mm under foot.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The All-Mountain 88 was around last year and then was tabled for this season. It comes back into the line for next season. We're also working on bringing the 99 back as well as a newly developed 108mm under foot.

Sign me up for a ride on the 108. Augment caught my interest at SIA, and that interest is growing. Thanks for being so responsive on PugSki.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had another chance to spend some time on these and they haven't disappointed yet. Augment has done such a great job of creating a smooth and extremely powerful ski especially with a 4 flex, which is on the stiffer side of medium. We spent some time with @Augment Skis NA and we will be adding a softer version to the test fleet so we can do some better comparisions.

Augment Skis

Getting on the lift
Manufacturer
Sign me up for a ride on the 108. Augment caught my interest at SIA, and that interest is growing. Thanks for being so responsive on PugSki.
Drahtguy Kevin, unfortunately the 108 will take a little longer to hit the market than we had hoped but the goal is to get it right. There will be demo pairs out next Winter and it will be available to buy for the 20/21 season. Glad we caught your eye at SIA!

Augment Skis

Getting on the lift
Manufacturer
Will there be any Augment demos for the Northeast?
James,
Yes, there will be. We have a half dozen pairs out there now but they crossed into Canada for a retailer to ski. For next year, we will hopefully have an independent Rep in New England that would host a demo fleet but in the meantime, we have friends of Augment who have hosted demo fleets for some of the college ski teams and others to ski.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
James,
Yes, there will be. We have a half dozen pairs out there now but they crossed into Canada for a retailer to ski. For next year, we will hopefully have an independent Rep in New England that would host a demo fleet but in the meantime, we have friends of Augment who have hosted demo fleets for some of the college ski teams and others to ski.
So...anyone here who is in the "know" and knows some reps who might be looking to pick up a line...Have them reach out to Geoff.

James

Out There
Instructor
James,
Good to know. 2 questions:
1) Are you making junior race skis?
2) Edge width.
My biggest peeve buying race skis is they have so little edge when new.
I have a quite fine Blizzard Fis sl just relegated to nursing status because of the narrowness of edge remaining. Another Nordica similar, but edge is like paper in the center. Done.
I free ski these, but a few weeks ago the shop I was in had a kid going to US nat'ls. A 20-30 pt slalom skier. Shop owner told me he could easily become a legit 20 pt skier.
I saw his skis, as the owner was mounting up some trainers to borrow for him. His race Blizzards had almost no edge left, certainly not enough at that power level if any hard surface issues. He'd already burned through any graces from the rep, so that was what he was going with because he was out of money.

So, are Augment's edges any wider?
I saw a pair of Stockli sl's about to be mounted. They had close to normal width ski edges. Amazing. Almost worth the extra cost for that alone if one isn't concerned with some reduced speed.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Good to know. 2 questions:
1) Are you making junior race skis?
2) Edge width.
My biggest peeve buying race skis is they have so little edge when new.
I have a quite fine Blizzard Fis sl just relegated to nursing status because of the narrowness of edge remaining. Another Nordica similar, but edge is like paper in the center. Done.
I free ski these, but a few weeks ago the shop I was in had a kid going to US nat'ls. A 20-30 pt slalom skier. Shop owner told me he could easily become a legit 20 pt skier.
I saw his skis, as the owner was mounting up some trainers to borrow for him. His race Blizzards had almost no edge left, certainly not enough at that power level if any hard surface issues. He'd already burned through any graces from the rep, so that was what he was going with because he was out of money.

So, are Augment's edges any wider?
I saw a pair of Stockli sl's about to be mounted. They had close to normal width ski edges. Amazing. Almost worth the extra cost for that alone if one isn't concerned with some reduced speed.
1) yes, there are junior race skis
2) Edgewidth. These are on the thinner side...remember, these ARE race skis...with the inherent function to go fast. There is no asterisk in the FIS standings for edge widths. If you are willing to give up speed, there are other options out there.

gozoogle

Booting up
Skier
Very interested in the sport carver. Looking at a few other similar skis that have a TR of 15 to 16 at the low 170s length, like the Stockli WRT ST, Blizzard Firebird WRC, Atomic X9, etc. Curious about waist width, couldn’t find it on the website.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help set up a demo day next winter at Mt Snow, I’m part of the staff there.

James,

Sponsor