• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Fun spring ski at Belleayre today.
88FBFF0B-1E67-402E-B84B-BF65FE6A1EC0.jpeg

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the seller that was in the link posted. I got to ebay and searched by " Fischer Pro MT " and lots of skis came up from different sellers, including the posted one. Sizes maybe limited, I only found one 185cm ish size which was the 95 width as I remember.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Though the sub-500 dollar price and Fischer brand appeal to me enormously, I suspect this ski is a bit too chargey for me, these days.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Which ski, the RC One or the Pro Mountain? If you think the RC One is too much, jump on the PM 86.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
“Women’s” versions of any of these? I love my Santa Ana 88s, but am ready to move onto something with a different shape and construction to aid in my progression in edging/carving skills. It still needs to have all- mountain friendliness, though. I spend a lot of time skiing groomers and off piste on the same day.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
“Women’s” versions of any of these? I love my Santa Ana 88s, but am ready to move onto something with a different shape and construction to aid in my progression in edging/carving skills. It still needs to have all- mountain friendliness, though. I spend a lot of time skiing groomers and off piste on the same day.
RCOne82GT WS

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Which ski, the RC One or the Pro Mountain? If you think the RC One is too much, jump on the PM 86.

The RC One. Already covered in the PM 86 arena with my Enforcer 88s.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Typically for a ski with not much (or any) tail
Rocker, 165+ is on the long side for me. So, 159 or 166?
I have the opportunity to take a pair of GT 86ti out this weekend, borrowing from an instructor. Similarities?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Typically for a ski with not much (or any) tail
Rocker, 165+ is on the long side for me. So, 159 or 166?
I have the opportunity to take a pair of GT 86ti out this weekend, borrowing from an instructor. Similarities?
@Tricia skis the 166, you tend to ski a size down from her.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Kinda what I was thinking. Any difference between WS and “men’s”? Perusing the Fischer website makes me think not.
Graphics.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There is very little in common between the RC One 86 GT/PM 86 and the Enforcer 88 other than a similar waist width.

Hmm, not quite on board with that.

For sure, RC One 86 GT does not equal Enforcer 88 in any way, shape or form.

But the PM 86 and E88 definitely step on each others toes a bit. At least to the point that I don't need both on my wall of skis.

Trigger finger is getting itchy on the RC Ones........ :ogbiggrin:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Hmm, not quite on board with that.

For sure, RC One 86 GT does not equal Enforcer 88 in any way, shape or form.

But the PM 86 and E88 definitely step on each others toes a bit. At least to the point that I don't need both on my wall of skis.

Trigger finger is getting itchy on the RC Ones........ :ogbiggrin:

Nordica has far less sidecut, totally different tip shape, and not as much tip splay in the rocker profile. They also do not feel the same on-snow. Not even close to providing the same kind of ride. Now if you're talking about building a quiver, I agree that there's no sense in owning both, but these ski do not fill the exact same slot.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nordica has far less sidecut, totally different tip shape, and not as much tip splay in the rocker profile. They also do not feel the same on-snow. Not even close to providing the same kind of ride. Now if you're talking about building a quiver, I agree that there's no sense in owning both, but these ski do not fill the exact same slot.

My point exactly. No way I can justify a PM 86 and an Enforcer 88 (which I love). While different, they fill the same "zone" in a quiver.

But the RC One is a different approach. Enforcer = generally off-piste design that also works great on groomers, provided you know how to put it up on a high edge. RC One = pretty much the opposite approach -- groomer design, tweaked just enough to increase its bandwidth.

Also, red tails, and red is fastest.

YMMV.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
My point exactly. No way I can justify a PM 86 and an Enforcer 88 (which I love). While different, they fill the same "zone" in a quiver.

But the RC One is a different approach. Enforcer = generally off-piste design that also works great on groomers, provided you know how to put it up on a high edge. RC One = pretty much the opposite approach -- groomer design, tweaked just enough to increase its bandwidth.

Also, red tails, and red is fastest.

YMMV.

Agreed. Go for it. :)

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agreed. Go for it. :)

Dammit.

175 or 182?

6'2" and near 200 during the "off season".

Hoping @Erik Timmerman might weigh in on length choice, also. FWIW, I never thought my 186 Motive 95s needed to be any shorter.

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tom K,

Not sure if you looked, but there are some of the 95's for sale as well. Prices vary, not sure if any are at 275 but I think there is.

The long ones -- if you can find them -- are not cheap.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Dammit.

175 or 182?

6'2" and near 200 during the "off season".

Hoping @Erik Timmerman might weigh in on length choice, also. FWIW, I never thought my 186 Motive 95s needed to be any shorter.

Well, I'm 6; 200 lbs and ski the 175. I skied the PM 86 in 182, the shorter ski felt way too short in that ski. I also ski the Motive 95 in 186. I think you are good on either length depending on how you want to use it. Want to go faster and make bigger turns, get the big one.

Sponsor