• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I'm 6; 200 lbs and ski the 175. I skied the PM 86 in 182, the shorter ski felt way too short in that ski. I also ski the Motive 95 in 186. I think you are good on either length depending on how you want to use it. Want to go faster and make bigger turns, get the big one.

Thanks!

I'm going to go with 62-year old reality saying the 175 is the better call.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I haven’t skied them yet, but here are my first impressions of the RC off the shelf.

They convey a fine attention to detail on the part of Fischer not just on the build but even well-placed and quality graphic design touches. They are burly, heavy and stiff. The edges are thick.

The top sheet has a special sheen and you can see the batavax woven into the tips, along with the titanal within the body of the ski.

It looks like Fischer put a lot of time and effort into making a premium ski. And from all the reviews it sounds like they ski that way too.

Side by side with my Vist-branded White Outs they have even less camber, similar flat tails, but more rocker in the tip. @Noodler and others said that tip rocker helps give these skis their special sauce. They are almost as heavy as those Vists with Speedlock Pro plates and 412 bindings.

I hope to be on them in Tahoe next week so I’ll let you know how they actually ski.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Fischer's finish is a half to full step up from most mainstream brands and on par or better than most premiums. I recall at a product intro, looking at a Curv DTX, it is was $799 ski/wbinding and it had not only a magnificent base structure but the sudewalls here beautifully smoothed out and a finish that usually on comes with a $60-100 "at purchase tune".

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Fischer's finish is a half to full step up from most mainstream brands and on par or better than most premiums. I recall at a product intro, looking at a Curv DTX, it is was $799 ski/wbinding and it had not only a magnificent base structure but the sudewalls here beautifully smoothed out and a finish that usually on comes with a $60-100 "at purchase tune".
And don't they come with a 1/3 tune?

The demo shop at Killington has the 182 hanging on the rack. Must say no...

BayouSome

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
hello, new here and have a question regarding bindings for this ski.....i am 6'2" and +/- 210 lbs. and think i found a good deal on this ski with out binding for $560.....which binding (s) would you all suggest?

thx

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
hello, new here and have a question regarding bindings for this ski.....i am 6'2" and +/- 210 lbs. and think i found a good deal on this ski with out binding for $560.....which binding (s) would you all suggest?

thx
Any 12 or better 13 DIN binding with a 85-90mm brake

Attack2 13
Warden 13
Sth2 13
SPX 12
Griffon 13

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Purchased the 182s from evo at a very good price.

A bit more money than overseas, but I'm happy to keep the business at least kind of local.

Looking forward to having some Fischers in the rotation again (besides the beloved Motive 95 rock skis).

Thanks to all for the input: @Noodler, @Erik Timmerman, and @Philpug especially.

And damn you all a little bit, too! :ogbiggrin:

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
You will love them. Great skis. I love them for everything up to 4-6" but the bullet proof refrozen midwest stuff

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
And don't they come with a 1/3 tune?

The demo shop at Killington has the 182 hanging on the rack. Must say no...

Yes, Fischers are ALL at 1/3 edge bevels. (which I find quite bizarre for the more freeride oriented part of their line).

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
They definitely exist dealers just need to have ordered them. I have a pair of flat ones (mounted with Attack 13 demos) headed my way if anyone is really desperate for a pair. I really like the idea of the flat ski, but there is nothing wrong with the binding it comes with.

BayouSome

Skier

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice find. Never heard of them though...
I was in there a week ago and noticed those skis. Can't say I registered that they were flat.

Shop is okay. Not someplace you'd rush to for performance alpine advice but not fly by night either.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I was in there a week ago and noticed those skis. Can't say I registered that they were flat.

Shop is okay. Not someplace you'd rush to for performance alpine advice but not fly by night either.

Yep, looks like some serious presence across ME, so I'm not surprised you're well aware of them.

rooneykean

Skier
No doubt on groomer but I was surprised by its off-trial versatility.
IMG_1235.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January