• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Could be one at the base of Peak 8 and 7, not sure as I rarely go in those spots.
Don’t know much about Breck, but when we were there in May at Peak 8, base of Colorado Super Chair is Breck Sports. Probably 20 yards from snow.
C5378758-C749-4BC8-A013-864841271B55.jpeg

Sounds like if you rent from epic and pick up after 3pm, it’s free that day. So you could get an extra hour.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
As a regular at Breck, you would know better on this firsthand than I would, probably. :)
So I would appreciate your clearing up details on this for me.

Christie's has a large outlet with a big rental operation in the complex built around Maggie's Pond below Peak 9. It is on the north end of the pond. It is a walk of say equivalent to 1.5 or 2 blocks from the Beaver Superchair, Breck Sports is right in the building at the Beaver chair. AMR is across a big parking lot and city street from the Gondola, say the equivalent of 3 blocks. Christie's would be easier than AMR if you wanted to switch up skis during the day. AMR is way easier for parking your vehicle and picking up your skis at the shop. For my taste in skis AMR carries more interesting brands. I have never found the skis stocked at the Christies in Breck all that interesting, but they do have the big standard brands.

Last edited:

JJ5250

Booting up
Skier
Looks like I'll be near the snowflake lift and quick silver etc... on a side note just got my son some Fischer RC4 Race skis 110cm... this will be his 4th season... He's turning 7 this winter... he's pretty good... goes down all the blues with me at mountain creek over here on the east coast... can't wait for this season... he's excited as much as I am... ogsmile

and Thanks for all the replies.... ogsmile

Triplet

Chasing the perfect fit, ENTP :)
Skier
Guys, can a 135lbs 5' 9" youngster in plug boots(that's important :roflmao: ) ski the 175cm? :ogbiggrin:
Advanced skier, not super aggressive thou.

What's the agreed mounting point on these as well?

James

Out There
Instructor
Guys, can a 135lbs 5' 9" youngster in plug boots(that's important :roflmao: ) ski the 175cm? :ogbiggrin:

What’s the point of doing that?

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
I

I'm 6' 180ish and went from Dynastar Speedzone 12's last season to the RC 86 that I bought from a member here on the forum in 175 length. The ski is so easy to ski it's almost like cheating.
I found that I need to carry quite a bit more speed to get these rather stiff skis to carve. I typically ski 25-35 mph comfortably . Top speed last season was 46ish mph on a run with first tracks at MT Hood Timberline. There's definitely the potential for more.
The skis are 1/3 tunewise and setup on the factory center lines. I did have to increase my boot Delta forward enough to find the sweet spot. So much so that the Dynastars were unskiable until I moved the system bindings back 10 CM, They were way to responsive on the factory line.
The RC Ones are definitely my favorite, I bring both pairs of skis but usually ski the RC Ones.
He may find at 135 lbs it's too stiff for him. But if he can demo a pair they could be a good fit for him.

Slemers

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was on the 175 RC1 86 for a few demo runs and found they could handle my weight at 250lbs. Can't imagine a 135 lb person on these. I would recommend a shorter length, but in the correct length he should be fine, I looked up what lengths they come in on the Ski review feature, and I would suggest 168cm or even 161 cm in this ski.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Also consider the RC One 82 GT 173 for lighter folk.
I quite enjoyed mine, but gave them to my son as he came over to skiing from the dark-side ( snow-board'r ) and needed something on short notice.

Triplet

Chasing the perfect fit, ENTP :)
Skier
Also consider the RC One 82 GT 173 for lighter folk.
I quite enjoyed mine, but gave them to my son as he came over to skiing from the dark-side ( snow-board'r ) and needed something on short notice.
I was on the dark side as teen :roflmao:
But skiing was learned before this :ogbiggrin:

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier

I've got 30 lbs on you, ski very aggressively, and find the 168's fine for my needs. I'm a little shorter at 169cm. Word is there's a notable jump in stiffness between the 168's and 175's. Still, very nice edge hold at that shorter, softer length.

The 82 in 173 is a good suggestion above.

JJ5250

Booting up
Skier
Powder7 has a great ski calculator that takes in account height and weight and style... the sweet spot for him as an intermediate says 166cm and 171 as an expert... window pops up when you click on skis... heads up it's a heavy ski if your not used to it... I'm 171cm 80kgs and the 168cm is perfectly fine for me skiing super aggressive... up vote for 82...

Last edited:

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Actually, L9 has the Fischer R16 bindings on sale for $100. This is the way to go, I guess.
That sweet Fischer R16 deal is still available.

Just picked up a pair for $89 with a coupon code. I don't have skis for them yet.

Roman

Putting on skis
Skier
I've seen the 2024 grey/green model listed in some online retailers. Any insights on what has changed if anything but topsheets?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've seen the 2024 grey/green model listed in some online retailers. Any insights on what has changed if anything but topsheets?
Cosmetics and Protector binding.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After loving on these skis so much, I can’t believe I sold mine to a friend. Not a knock on the Fischers, but more a testament to how good the Blossom AM77 is (for me).

The Fischers were collecting too much dust and it was time to pass them to someone who would use them.

Roman

Putting on skis
Skier
I’m debating myself between Blossom AM85 and these Fischers as all-mountain for the east coast.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
After loving on these skis so much, I can’t believe I sold mine to a friend. Not a knock on the Fischers, but more a testament to how good the Blossom AM77 is (for me).

The Fischers were collecting too much dust and it was time to pass them to someone who would use them.
Depends on the use of the ski. I sold mine after buying the Kastle MX83. I had the Fischer primarily for Colorado piste skiing. The MX 83 is much better at that than the Fischer while still having some flexibility.

Sponsor