• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
2018/9 season update. I now have at least 40 days on the 120's including 13 days this season. The liners have not broken down and the boot still performs very well. I have enjoyed the comfort of this boot immensely. its quite warm and recently skied almost 4 hours at single digit temps without heaters.

Power strap and Hotronic battery holders: I had my heaters put back into the boot for really cold days and discovered the stock power strap doesn't allow enough space f you have thin calves when cranking down the strap. I switched to a WC Booster strap which revolved the issue and also discovered that although the stock strap is probably the best stock strap out there, there's no substitute for a Booster. The Booster just provides better contact and better feel.

Flex: I was on Lange 130 RX's which were stiffer than the 120's but I find the Recons 120 to be adequate. I could use a 130 for ripping' groomers but the softer feel in the bumps and off-piste is really nice and for those who don't need to crush it all day, the 120 is plenty.

Spoilers: I added in the spoilers last season and really suggest that all skiers give them a try. the 12* is too upright and this just helps maintain a more natural and balanced position. I just put a set back into anfriends's Lange RX's and he is loving the change in body position. he struggles with a stacked posture and this really helped.

Rootsar

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
In Steamboat and just came back from my first day in these boots. Replaced Fisher Rangers. The weight difference is amazing, the toe box is amazing,and I too skied them out of the box with my custom footbeds. Felt great. Love these boots

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Great to hear! I’ll be up skiing tomorrow if you wanted to meet up.

Rootsar

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Oops too busy skiing didn’t sign back in till today. Great ten days at the Boat. Love to meet up but not back until the last week in February for a couple of weeks.
I must thank you guys for the heads up and reviews of the Recon. I’ve never had such an easy transition into a new boot since I started skiing.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I will get that for you! FWIW, I wear 10.5 shoes, on some Hoka's I wear a 11. My ski boots have always been 26.5, 306 BSL. thats a tight but comfortable fit for me. maybe a half finger gap.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I will get that for you! FWIW, I wear 10.5 shoes, on some Hoka's I wear a 11. My ski boots have always been 26.5, 306 BSL. thats a tight but comfortable fit for me. maybe a half finger gap.

Thanks. I wear a 10.5 to 11 shoe and generally have worn 27.5 but they may be a bit long. With some of the shell customization I may be able to get into a smaller shell. I have a pretty high instep and wideish foot. I measure 27.5 on the sizing board.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Of course go to a good fitter but my guess is as long as you are ok with a tighter fit, the 26.5 will work. the difference in the K2 shell is that the shell is anatomic with a roomy toe box so although its the same 306 as a Lange 26.5, my foot fit even better.