BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
Hate to jump on the bandwagon….but my wife’s bag/switch unfortunately stopped working this weekend…....kind of surprised me/then I looked at this thread and saw others with similar issues.

Looks like I will have to contact them as well.
They did reply the next day…..but the bag is 3 years old, so does not fall into their 2 year warranty….So kinda bummed, but oh well…I’ll give my Thermal Trekker to my wife, and I’ll just go back to living like a peasant.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My heater died on one side. 2nd time in 2 years. emailed company. No response. Not acceptable customer service. This seems to be a reoccurring theme with Kulkea lately.
I will not buy another Kulkea product.
I’m surprised. I’ve had two switches malfunction in 6 years. Both time I received replacement switch/thermal pads within days of reporting it.

Pat AKA mustski

They call me Lil' Ripper!
Skier
I’m surprised. I’ve had two switches malfunction in 6 years. Both time I received replacement switch/thermal pads within days of reporting it.
My second switch is failing and it’s just a little over a year. Since they replaced it once, I assumed my warranty has expired. Hmmm. Maybe I should ask Kulkea and see what they say.

Last edited:

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
It is funny, but I used to think that boot heaters and heated boot bags were superfluous luxuries, then I skied Big Sky in -25 and bought boot heaters immediately. At the end of last year I picked up two Thermal Trekkers on one of the make me buy sales (seriously Christy's was practically giving these away). Have to say now that I have started using a heated boot bag I do not think I can ever turn back, warm boots really do fit better and make for a better all up ski day. Luckily no switch issues yet, but good to know I can get this covered under warranty should it come up.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With all the switch problems, I’ve started leaving the switch set and plugging/unplugging in hopes to avoid another issue.
Since they don't have different heat settings, that seems like a logical thing to do.

KULKEA

Getting on the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
My heater died on one side. 2nd time in 2 years. emailed company. No response. Not acceptable customer service. This seems to be a reoccurring theme with Kulkea lately.
I will not buy another Kulkea product.
Hi @skifastflylow1 - we're sorry to hear you haven't got a response from our team. We'd love to get this issue fixed for you and make it up to you ASAP. Do you mind emailing me here? I will personally make sure this is resolved.

skifastflylow1

Booting up
Skier
Hi @skifastflylow1 - we're sorry to hear you haven't got a response from our team. We'd love to get this issue fixed for you and make it up to you ASAP. Do you mind emailing me here? I will personally make sure this is resolved.
While I appreciate the response here on PugSki, I have since bought another heated gear bag (Rossignol branded) on Amazon. Too late-I tried to contact Kulkea before Christmas with no response for weeks. Still have not heard back other than on this forum. Moving on.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
While I appreciate the response here on PugSki, I have since bought another heated gear bag (Rossignol branded) on Amazon. Too late-I tried to contact Kulkea before Christmas with no response for weeks. Still have not heard back other than on this forum. Moving on.
Sorry about that, but as others have said, that is not the normal response from Kulkea.
Its possible that they were short staffed around the holidays.

One of our testers contacted Kulkea about something and was disappointed that they didn't get a response, later to find that the email response was sitting in her junk mail.

Last edited: