• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you. Makes it verrrry tempting. Next time the dang heater goes, I will definitely consider changing bags.

That said, I still don't know why one would need or even want to warm the bottoms of boots. Better IMO to do sides and top of foot. Boots could go in heels facing out and then the toes and sides could be warmed. Just my observation.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
So what does everyone think about the reliability of heated boot bags today as we enter the 22/23 ski season? Do people still love them as they had earlier in the thread? Or have reliability concerns tempered the enthusiasm somewhat? I understand that Kulkea stands by their product and that pretty much everyone who ever had a problem seems to have been taken care of.

Reactions: BC.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I still love my Kulkea. I also have a heated transpac which I prefer for traveling. It’s easier to fit in the overhead on planes. The Kulkea heats better and holds a ton so it’s better for daily and road trips.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So what does everyone think about the reliability of heated boot bags today as we enter the 22/23 ski season? Do people still love them as they had earlier in the thread? Or have reliability concerns tempered the enthusiasm somewhat? I understand that Kulkea stands by their product and that pretty much everyone who ever had a problem seems to have been taken care of.
I would absolutely do it again. My bag now has close to 200 days on it, maybe a few more or less. The bag itself is still doing great; I did finally scuff a couple of tiny little holes in some lower corners (think where it hits the pavement in the parking lot, gets dropped, etc.) A little Shoe Goo fixed that. I did get a replacement heating element early on but the new one has been going strong.

DerKomisar

Putting on skis
Skier
I would absolutely do it again. My bag now has close to 200 days on it, maybe a few more or less. The bag itself is still doing great; I did finally scuff a couple of tiny little holes in some lower corners (think where it hits the pavement in the parking lot, gets dropped, etc.) A little Shoe Goo fixed that. I did get a replacement heating element early on but the new one has been going strong.
Also check out a product called sugru. I’ve used it on my ski bag and many other household fixes.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve had mine for a few years now and like it just as much as the day I bought it. Zero issues with the bag.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I love my mine. After watching me put on toasty warm boots all season, my husband wants one too now.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
Great feedback. Thanks everyone. I will pick up a bag as soon as they come back in stock. @KULKEA
Great to hear it! FYI to all those who are looking to get their hands on our Thermal Trekker - we will have them available on kulkea.com by the end of September, if not sooner. We will be sending out an alert via our newsletter once they are available.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They totally stand by their product.....I appreciated what they did to fix our heating element/switch issue and their communication throughout the process. Because of this, I am proud to be a loyal Kulkea guy/and recommend their product to friends/customers.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
They totally stand by their product.....I appreciated what they did to fix our heating element/switch issue and their communication throughout the process. Because of this, I am proud to be a loyal Kulkea guy/and recommend their product to friends/customers.
Thank you! The business and the performance of our products are personal to us. We completely believe in our products. We are not a large company pumping-out massive volumes for profit. Our focus is on doing the right thing. No one is perfect, but there's no neglect or corner cutting going on at KULKEA. And, we stand behind our products and reputation. It's still me the founder running product research, development and manufacturing. It's how we ensure that KULKEA is always giving it its best to make the best products. It's why I spent all of last week at our factory in Vietnam, which objectively is arguably the best factory in all of Asia. It's a leading socially responsible factory with no shenanigans, no forced labor, no child labor and nice working conditions and normal working hours by American standards. This factory only manufactures high quality product. They like us, have no interest in pumping-out cheap product. Sorry to run on off on a tangent here, but I'd rather let you all know how it really is with KULKEA vs. simply putting out a nice PR statement. It's why I jump in at skitalk.com. Thank you for those who have put their trust in KULKEA and spoken up about the good things we're doing. Have a terrific season! I can't wait to get back out on the hill.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you! The business and the performance of our products are personal to us. We completely believe in our products. We are not a large company pumping-out massive volumes for profit. Our focus is on doing the right thing. No one is perfect, but there's no neglect or corner cutting going on at KULKEA. And, we stand behind our products and reputation. It's still me the founder running product research, development and manufacturing. It's how we ensure that KULKEA is always giving it its best to make the best products. It's why I spent all of last week at our factory in Vietnam, which objectively is arguably the best factory in all of Asia. It's a leading socially responsible factory with no shenanigans, no forced labor, no child labor and nice working conditions and normal working hours by American standards. This factory only manufactures high quality product. They like us, have no interest in pumping-out cheap product. Sorry to run on off on a tangent here, but I'd rather let you all know how it really is with KULKEA vs. simply putting out a nice PR statement. It's why I jump in at skitalk.com. Thank you for those who have put their trust in KULKEA and spoken up about the good things we're doing. Have a terrific season! I can't wait to get back out on the hill.
Thermaltrekker with built-in stool, please!
20220919_103029.jpg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you! The business and the performance of our products are personal to us. We completely believe in our products. We are not a large company pumping-out massive volumes for profit. Our focus is on doing the right thing. .

Please do the right thing and make an EU version.
Pretty please...

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My Thermal Trekker is better than new, now that it’s had heart replacement surgery. Customer service along the way was what you hope for.

A timer option would be fantastic. Sure you can just connect an external timer and I do. I want the heating window to start during the night and end just before I Boot up. But an external timer is a clunky solution. What if there was one right on the power switch assembly? What if you could control it with an App?

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Im doing some retail therapy, any chance I should expect one of these bags to do on sale before ski season? Example, every year they do a black friday sale or similar?

I think its going to be a gem for plugging into my Jackery in my work truck when Im working a few hours before skiing.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Im doing some retail therapy, any chance I should expect one of these bags to do on sale before ski season? Example, every year they do a black friday sale or similar?

I think its going to be a gem for plugging into my Jackery in my work truck when Im working a few hours before skiing.
I've yet to see them on sale ever. But....there's always hope!

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@KULKEA Looks like the Kayda is back in stock......are you doing the Goepper version again? Want to buy a couple of these....to solve some boot travel issues. Empty nest=Big trips in the next year(s).

Thank you always for the great product/customer service.