Noodler

Ready to trade swings for turns
Skier
Will these go on sale in the spring? I just got ZipFits, which are not cheap, and need a heated boot bag again. My Hot Gear Bag crapped out a few years ago, and I never looked into getting the heating element replaced. I don't care for having my boots and helmet and all other stuff crammed into the same compartment anyway.

The new Kulkea is one option. Here's another... it's pricey, but less than a whole new bag.

Phatboy64

Booting up
Skier
I want to get one of these heated bags but am worried about it getting stolen at the base lodge. Are you guys just putting them is lockers when skiing? I assume they would fit.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am on my second season with this bag. Really enjoyed warm boots last season. I use a 29.5 boot and it fits in the bag no problem. I would agree with the statement a 30.5 would fit as well. My bag has held up really well, but the heating pads have stopped working this season. The 110 volt controller has broken and the 12v operation (seperate cord) is not working anymore either. I will be contacting Kulkea and hopefully making use of their 2 year warranty. I will post how it turns out. Maybe my big boots cause a wiring issue, don't know. Otherwise I have been really pleased with the bag and its holding up well.
I had a similar issue with the switch on the 110v controller failing. It was almost as if it stripped inside and after contacting Kulkea I received a switch and a triangle head tool to replace it.
It was an easy fix and warms like it was new but the on light doesn’t work.

Andy Mink

Airborne Andy
SkiTalk Tester
I want to get one of these heated bags but am worried about it getting stolen at the base lodge. Are you guys just putting them is lockers when skiing? I assume they would fit.
The only place I recall actually putting them in a locker and locking it was at JHMR. Right or wrong we just put them on the door in a pile with race team gear, in open cubbies, or hanging on a hook. This was all pre-20/21 season since that was a boot up in the lot year. Mt. Rose, Palisades Tahoe, Alpine, Mammoth, no issues. At the gathering sites we usually had a big room so they stayed in there with other SkiTalk members' gear.

All that said it's probably not very wise to leave a nice bag with other gear just laying around. As to locker fit, empty they do squish down. We got @AKMINK's, @Tricia's, @Philpug's, and mine in a tall locker at JHMR. Fit is a relative term and we may or may not have needed help getting the door unlocked and opened as the walls of the locker were bowed a bit. My advice is get the bag then figure out what you'll be doing to store it. We all may still be doing the parking lot lodge thing again anyway.

Phatboy64

Booting up
Skier
The only place I recall actually putting them in a locker and locking it was at JHMR. Right or wrong we just put them on the door in a pile with race team gear, in open cubbies, or hanging on a hook. This was all pre-20/21 season since that was a boot up in the lot year. Mt. Rose, Palisades Tahoe, Alpine, Mammoth, no issues. At the gathering sites we usually had a big room so they stayed in there with other SkiTalk members' gear.

All that said it's probably not very wise to leave a nice bag with other gear just laying around. As to locker fit, empty they do squish down. We got @AKMINK's, @Tricia's, @Philpug's, and mine in a tall locker at JHMR. Fit is a relative term and we may or may not have needed help getting the door unlocked and opened as the walls of the locker were bowed a bit. My advice is get the bag then figure out what you'll be doing to store it. We all may still be doing the parking lot lodge thing again anyway.
Thanks, I ordered it today. Looking forward to getting into my LV boots easer….

DerKomisar

Putting on skis
Skier
Picked a bag up last season and agree with all the posts about it being a game changers. Always thought it was over the top until I slipped into warm boots.
One trick I started doing is after I boot up in the lot, I would put my street shoes in the bag. And then use my remote start to warm up the car and boots after a day on the hill.