• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Drahtguy Kevin

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Day one starts tomorrow with the new bag. Did get everything I had from previous duffle bag into this one. We'll see are it last this year. Looking forward to using the heated bag.
View attachment 149573
Your life will change. We’ve been sharing the hill out here with all the Granite Peak junior rippers. Cracked me up a couple of weeks ago when four of them were discussing favorite cheeses.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
We have cheese drawers in our fridges. :) People don't understand until they see it and taste it.

mogulman

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ok. After reading all the reviews on this thread, now I'm interested. I don't like paying full price though. Any places to get these at a discount right now? Wait until spring time?

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
This year it might be a mistake to wait. Given supply chain issues, there may not be much surplus in the spring.

Don'tfit

Putting on skis
Skier
I purchased one of these for this season and Wow am I impressed. I had a transpack heated bag that just didn't quite get it done but man, this fcker does. And the critical part for me is that it does it off the 12v source in the time of my drive even if I don't preheat before I leave. It only seems expensive until you use it.

TS
Drahtguy Kevin

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I purchased one of these for this season and Wow am I impressed. I had a transpack heated bag that just didn't quite get it done but man, this fcker does. And the critical part for me is that it does it off the 12v source in the time of my drive even if I don't preheat before I leave. It only seems expensive until you use it.

I’ve told many people that a good heated boot bag will change their life. I honestly couldn’t go without one now and Kulkea is the best.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve told many people that a good heated boot bag will change their life. I honestly couldn’t go without one now and Kulkea is the best.
Yep. Yep. Yep.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It took all of one ski day for me to be convinced I could never go back to a non-heated bag. Kulkea for me and I got one for my son.

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Love this bag. turn it on while getting ready, then plug into car on way to mtn (30min drive). Nice warm boots to put on at mtn..

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmm... a box just came that looks big enough... Trying not to tear into it, since I'm going skiing tomorrow :)
go-for-it-you-can-do-it.gif

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I've recently learned how awesome warm boots are. I have new stiffer to me ski boots that take me 30 minutes to get into. Once I'm in they are phenomenal. I don't drive much to ski but it was suggested to me that I heat them up. I throw my boots on the dry guy before we leave the house to head downstairs or drive to Bromley and along with my new ski shoe horn I slide right in. It's a beautiful thing. I'm now thinking about a heated boot bag just because of the short drive to bromley or in case we head to stratton or parts north. I guess as the adage goes don't knock it until you try it.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've recently learned how awesome warm boots are. I have new stiffer to me ski boots that take me 30 minutes to get into. Once I'm in they are phenomenal. I don't drive much to ski but it was suggested to me that I heat them up. I throw my boots on the dry guy before we leave the house to head downstairs or drive to Bromley and along with my new ski shoe horn I slide right in. It's a beautiful thing. I'm now thinking about a heated boot bag just because of the short drive to bromley or in case we head to stratton or parts north. I guess as the adage goes don't knock it until you try it.
Yep, totally worth it. The only thing now is warming them up to get them off!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Buy a timer and hook it up to go on a couple hours before you ski. THAT will change your life. My timer turns on every AM at 6.
And wait 'til Ron custom tamps your footbeds and foams your liners before breakfast while you're still in bed. THAT is something to crow about.

mogulman

Getting on the lift
Skier
Got my bag for Xmas. Yay! So what's the consensus on usage when staying 30 mins from a ski area? Heat on high for 30 mins at home and then plug in to the car on the way to the resort?

I'm assuming the high/medium/low setting is only for AC?

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Got my bag for Xmas. Yay! So what's the consensus on usage when staying 30 mins from a ski area? Heat on high for 30 mins at home and then plug in to the car on the way to the resort?

I'm assuming the high/medium/low setting is only for AC?
If I get 30-45 minutes at the house on high.and then the 30 or so up the hill they're plenty warm. HML is AC only. 12v is the same as high, I believe. Some folks, like @Ron, put them on a timer to come on in the morning.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Keep in mind that Kulkea bags really only have one heat setting but each setting controls how fast the temperature comes up to peak. So, I just leave it on high if its going to be on for 3 hours or less. Thats why the Timer works so well. This is from Kulkea

Controller Setting Guidance:
  • H (160W) – For use between 1-3 hours.
  • M (120W) – For use between 3-6 hours.
  • L (80W) – For use between 6-8 hours.

Sponsor

Staff online