• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
You’re life has just vastly improved.
8406366A-9E31-470D-A62D-E1F8CB83F467.jpeg

How could I have known how prescient you would be.

The bag was delivered yesterday by the Swedish Bikini Team, and they left this morning.

Then I heard a knock at the door, and - you guessed it - Publishers Clearing House!

So I called a realtor and bought a little slope-side crib on Ajax.

Amazingly, my knees feel like they are 17 years old again! Not to mention....

And I have to buy new ski clothes, because my pants are now 4” too short, and my jacket is waaaay too big. Go figure!

It’s been a transformational time, but I am adjusting to my new life.

Hang on, there’s someone at the door. Just Blanton’s dropping off a fresh barrel.

I think I am down to one more wish. Does every Kulkea bag come with these amazing powers?

I sure hope so

Doh!

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Blanton and not Pappy Van Winkle? You need to up your wish game....

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
View attachment 122153
How could I have known how prescient you would be.

The bag was delivered yesterday by the Swedish Bikini Team, and they left this morning.

Then I heard a knock at the door, and - you guessed it - Publishers Clearing House!

So I called a realtor and bought a little slope-side crib on Ajax.

Amazingly, my knees feel like they are 17 years old again! Not to mention....

And I have to buy new ski clothes, because my pants are now 4” too short, and my jacket is waaaay too big. Go figure!

It’s been a transformational time, but I am adjusting to my new life.

Hang on, there’s someone at the door. Just Blanton’s dropping off a fresh barrel.

I think I am down to one more wish. Does every Kulkea bag come with these amazing powers?

I sure hope so

Doh!
I gotta get me one a deez BAGS!!!!

oh wait - I did :) ordered Friday night, shipped today :)

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Ok. I give up.
Where is the "ID Panel" on the Thermal Trekker?
The Transpack bags have a clearly visible ID panel for a business card.
Is that too much to ask of a $240 ski bag?

IMG_1554.JPEG

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
It's the white patch on the goggle pocket I think.
View attachment 122248
Oh, that's classy. I always mark my luggage with magic markers.
Seriously, for $240 is it too much to ask for something like the ID window that the Transpack offers?
IMG_1554.JPEG

Note to Kulkea: sew one on right here!

20210126_133329.jpg

Last edited:

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Love this bag. With the car as base lodge, the bag has been a welcomed addition to my ski gear. I heat up bag/bootsfor 30 min before leaving the house, and then plug into car for 40 main drive to mtn. Boots (and everything else) are toasty warm when putting on in the freezing parking lot. Very happy with this purchase.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier

Roman

Putting on skis
Skier
Love this bag. With the car as base lodge, the bag has been a welcomed addition to my ski gear. I heat up bag/bootsfor 30 min before leaving the house, and then plug into car for 40 main drive to mtn. Boots (and everything else) are toasty warm when putting on in the freezing parking lot. Very happy with this purchase.
It's been my experience as well. This bag was a present to my daughter end of last season, and she loves it that all of her gear is toasty warm when we get to the mountain.

TS
Drahtguy Kevin

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

As an aside, the car/base lodge deal really shows the benefits this bag. I’ve been putting a couple of Arby’s regular roast beef sandwiches in the heated boot compartments while skiing. Damn if they’re not toasty warm when I’m ready for them. Bean and cheese burritos do well too. I believe a key being foil-type wrappers.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
As an aside, the car/base lodge deal really shows the benefits this bag. I’ve been putting a couple of Arby’s regular roast beef sandwiches in the heated boot compartments while skiing. Damn if they’re not toasty warm when I’m ready for them. Bean and cheese burritos do well too. I believe a key being foil-type wrappers.
No battery death? Hmmm...might have to try this!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

This is friggin' genius... :golfclap:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Will these go on sale in the spring? I just got ZipFits, which are not cheap, and need a heated boot bag again. My Hot Gear Bag crapped out a few years ago, and I never looked into getting the heating element replaced. I don't care for having my boots and helmet and all other stuff crammed into the same compartment anyway.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Tricia
    The Velvet Hammer
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink