• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Keep in mind that Kulkea bags really only have one heat setting but each setting controls how fast the temperature comes up to peak. So, I just leave it on high if its going to be on for 3 hours or less. Thats why the Timer works so well. This is from Kulkea
Good point. I knew that, then forgot it, now know it again!

• Haha
Reactions: Ron

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Just walking in to say that a heated bootbag is the best ski accessory I have ever gotten (besides the basics). Why did I wait so long.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Just walking in to say that a heated bootbag is the best ski accessory I have ever gotten (besides the basics). Why did I wait so long.
You can walk in because your feet are warm!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My Thermal Trekker wasn't heating my boots nearly as well after owning it for less than a year. I submitted a warranty claim and Kulkea promptly sent me a whole new heating pad and cord kit. All is well again. It seems this might be a common issue and I do wonder if they've been able to fix it going forward.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My Thermal Trekker wasn't heating my boots nearly as well after owning it for less than a year. I submitted a warranty claim and Kulkea promptly sent me a whole new heating pad and cord kit. All is well again. It seems this might be a common issue and I do wonder if they've been able to fix it going forward.
Yes, same for me. However, it is once again not hearing well after only a season if use.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, same for me. However, it is once again not hearing well after only a season if use.
Does it heat like it should with the 12v plug? Or is that not so good too?

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

spoofer

Putting on skis
Skier
Has anyone ever bought a $15 12v heating pad from wally's etc. and festered together their own heated bag? I really like my bag and it's only a couple of years old...

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I did that while waiting for replacement pads. But 2 issues come up. 1) Not made to deal with wet rough boots and 2) most heating pads today will shut themselves off automatically after so many minutes as a safety feature.

my07mcx2

Getting off the lift
Skier
possible help. Wife has had her's now 2 seasons. worked great yesterday but today didn't. She said she noticed the red and green lights were both on the thermostat control panel. She had on high for 2 hrs and cold boots. we tried to find a owners manual but could not find anything online. mine is a different brand i purchased years ago so no help on that end.

thank you.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
possible help. Wife has had her's now 2 seasons. worked great yesterday but today didn't. She said she noticed the red and green lights were both on the thermostat control panel. She had on high for 2 hrs and cold boots. we tried to find a owners manual but could not find anything online. mine is a different brand i purchased years ago so no help on that end.

thank you.
Sometimes both my lights are on but it doesn't seem to matter. Does it work on 12v?

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Andy, we have not tried it in the car since we are doing ski in ski out. good option. thank you.
If it works in the car the switch is bad. If it doesn't work either way then something else.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last season I had the switch go bad and was sent a replacement which I installed.
Recently one boot compartment stopped warming all together and looking back I don’t think it was ever working as it should have after the switch failed.
I opened a warranty claim and replied to a previous email regarding the switch replacement. After 15 days and no response I purchased a heating pad.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Last season I had the switch go bad and was sent a replacement which I installed.
Recently one boot compartment stopped warming all together and looking back I don’t think it was ever working as it should have after the switch failed.
I opened a warranty claim and replied to a previous email regarding the switch replacement. After 15 days and no response I purchased a heating pad.
It seems there are frequent issues with the heating system not working. I hope they can get this issue sorted out.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink