• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Review: Renoun Z-90 Limited Edition

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I keep hearing how amazing the Renoun Skis are, but there wasn't a good size and flex for me so I had to wait nearly a year to get on them. Fortunately, the Z-90 arrived a week ago in a 165 length. It is a gorgeous ski. The white and gold limited edition graphics are classic and rich-looking; the build quality lives up to its appearance.This really is a premium ski in every way.

fullsizeoutput_44a3-jpeg.17985

Last week I skied the Z-90 Limited for a full day at Northstar before heading into the ski shop for the afternoon. I skied sweet corduroy first thing in the morning, then got into some bumps and later scraped-off icy stuff. The one thing that stood out is, The more I put into them, the more they gave back. Just look at the smile on my face!

fullsizerender-jpg.17935

I'm really excited to get these skis out on some more challenging terrain, so stay tuned!
  • Who is it for? Someone looking for a premium ski with a smooth feel.
  • Who is it not for? The budget conscious.
  • Insider tip: Trust the skis, they won't let you down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
Wish you had a bit more in depth! But I'm glad you like em.

I shelled out extra for the Limited Edition graphics as well. But then SOMEONE (read: @Rich Peters) liked the white graphics...so....like a good son I had to take care of him and trade out.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wish you had a bit more in depth! But I'm glad you like em.

I shelled out extra for the Limited Edition graphics as well. But then SOMEONE (read: @Rich Peters) liked the white graphics...so....like a good son I had to take care of him and trade out.
She only got on them for a few runs in the AM but they made an immediate impression. More to come, I assure you.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will add this.
Phil and I were on the chair and I said, "Are you sure these are 90mm under foot? They ski like they're skinnier." Then I skied a couple more hours and got into some terrain that called for a midfat and it skied that like a champ, too!
It skis like a midfat, but it skis like a carver.

Midfat - like a carver!

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
I will add this.
Phil and I were on the chair and I said, "Are you sure these are 90mm under foot? They ski like they're skinnier." Then I skied a couple more hours and got into some terrain that called for a midfat and it skied that like a champ, too!
It skis like a midfat, but it skis like a carver.

Midfat - like a carver!

And I will add that on Saturday, @Rich Peters and I were on the chair and I said to him "Are you sure these are 90mm under foot? They ski like they are much fatter."

Which was interesting.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Tricia- you have the 165? How tall are you? They don't seem too rockered - do they ski true to size or long?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia- you have the 165? How tall are you? They don't seem too rockered - do they ski true to size or long?
These ski true to size. If you're around, I can get you on them, though you may like them a little shorter.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
These ski true to size. If you're around, I can get you on them, though you may like them a little shorter.

Tricia- that would be great, if it's possible. I have small boots, shell 22.5, 266 bsl. No biggie if it's not doable with the current bindings. I don't actually need the skis and they are a bit beyond my budget. I would normally get two pair of skis for that cost. I'm more just curious about the 3D0 technology in skis. I have it in some of my mountain bike pads and it is amazing, so I'd love to see how it works in a ski.

I'll probably hit N* sometime in Feb or March and will reach out to you beforehand. Right now, my knee is a bit banged up, so I'm taking it easy on groomed runs for the next several weeks.

thanks,
laine

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia- that would be great, if it's possible. I have small boots, shell 22.5, 266 bsl. No biggie if it's not doable with the current bindings. I don't actually need the skis and they are a bit beyond my budget. I would normally get two pair of skis for that cost. I'm more just curious about the 3D0 technology in skis. I have it in some of my mountain bike pads and it is amazing, so I'd love to see how it works in a ski.

I'll probably hit N* sometime in Feb or March and will reach out to you beforehand. Right now, my knee is a bit banged up, so I'm taking it easy on groomed runs for the next several weeks.

thanks,
laine
Yes you can get two skis for the price of one pair of Renouns, but one pair of Renouns can also replace two pair of skis.

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Older boot skied the Renoun Z-90 in some pretty deep powder at Northstar a few weeks ago. He did okay :thumb:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Uh oh!

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Not much snow in that pic Jeb. Good luck on getting out soon. I yoinked my back out yesterday on the slopes when I slammed into a trough I didn't see (flat light/overcase with new snow). Taught me a few things.

1st -don't head out in conditions I don't do well in with a kid 20 years younger who also is much more of an athlete.

If, in ignoring rule #1 above, at least make and attempt to warm up first!!!!!!!

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, just don't follow the kid as he blasts straight down the hill under the lift first run. JUST DON'T DO IT!!!!!

My previous "Good luck Jeb" still stands of course. And Trish and everyone, thanks for the Renoun reading material. Good stuff.

Sponsor

Staff online