• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Look Pivot 12s

Other Aaron

Give me Site Visits in Ski towns
Skier
But, can I bend the 95 brakes to fit a 106 ski.

I know I could buy a firm snow ski, but we don't have a ton of firm snow at stevens

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
But, can I bend the 95 brakes to fit a 106 ski.
Not unless you want your brake arms to look like this over your skis: / \ Look brakes break before then bend.

TS
robertc3

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have been very happy with the Pivot 15s. The small amount of extra work in getting the heel piece aligned is not issue compared to the benefits of the beefy binding.

nhskier69

Booting up
Skier
I have been very happy with the Pivot 15s. The small amount of extra work in getting the heel piece aligned is not issue compared to the benefits of the beefy binding.
I ski on 108 skis.
I Ski the Dynastar freeride 108 with the look pivot 15 GW binding. The ski brake is a 115 brake, I couldn't get the smaller brake because it wouldn't fit. Granted I am a tight skier but I had a few really bad issues with the brake size on the ski. A few times, my inner ski brakes got caught together. When they caught, I would fall forward. One of the falls was in the woods a steamboat. Pretty scary when you can't get them unhooked. my local ski shop was able to fix them, they put the narrower binding on and bent it out.

TS
robertc3

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
I ski on 108 skis.

I Ski the Dynastar freeride 108 with the look pivot 15 GW binding. The ski brake is a 115 brake, I couldn't get the smaller brake because it wouldn't fit. Granted I am a tight skier but I had a few really bad issues with the brake size on the ski. A few times, my inner ski brakes got caught together. When they caught, I would fall forward. One of the falls was in the woods a steamboat. Pretty scary when you can't get them unhooked. my local ski shop was able to fix them, they put the narrower binding on and bent it out.
Fortunately, I have not had this issue with the 115 brakes on the Wildcat 108s. I learned to ski with a very narrow stance, but I have worked to get it a bit wider. I also think my boots would touch before my brakes. I do have pretty big boots at 28.5.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Fortunately, I have not had this issue with the 115 brakes on the Wildcat 108s. I learned to ski with a very narrow stance, but I have worked to get it a bit wider. I also think my boots would touch before my brakes. I do have pretty big boots at 28.5.

...and your brakes are further back on the ski where the tail is fatter.

Sponsor

Staff online