• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Look Pivot - with or without a plate? Which plate?

bmwr69s

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Before I order skis I need to decide on bindings. I want the ski to flex and have always used Look Pivots or Tyrolia diagonals. For a one-quiver east coast ski and Sunday Fun races.

Can the Look Pivot be mounted on a plate? Which one is recommended? The R22 or another?

Are there any other binding-plate combinations that I can easily find and have serviced locally (sorry VIST) and will allow the ski to flex?

Thanks for your review and comments. Joe

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The R22 plate is a very good plate but it only accepts the rocker flex binding. The RF also has a short mounting profile which is always the claimed benefit of the pivot. Finding somewhere with a jig to mount the R22 plate might be difficult as 99.99% of the time it only comes mounted in Rossi or augment race skis. In fact that is an issue you will come across with most plates, there are not a lot of jigs available for them as they normally come premounted. Only ones I have seen be a bit more common are for the marker piston plate and the older non ore drilled head/ Fischer plate. Consider also that most plates are designed to work with a specific binding.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Look hasn't offered a plate for a Pivot in about 8 years, the last one I recal was on the original Dynastar Course Ti. That should tell you something. Look as a brand feels they have better bindings that go with plate designs. Tyrolia and Rossi race plates are probably the nest options...but with their race bindings.

Sponsor