• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Look PX brakes 120mm

TS
JShort

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
I’ll have to check when I get home. These are the micro heel, not the SPX, right?
Thanks! I'm not sure about the heel, the brake looks awfully similar to the current SPX brakes but I could be wrong... But they are slightly different than the brakes on my Axial 18s. The bindings in question are This MY if it helps

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Micro-heel (Rockerace SPX) on the left, regular SPX on the right.

IMG_0266.jpeg

Hard to tell the difference in the shot above, but looking from another angle, the micro-heel has a 3d-ish metal bottom whereas the SPX is flat.

Micro-heel:
IMG_0267.jpeg

SPX:
IMG_0268.jpeg

Ah, looking back on @ScotsSkier 's post, yes, the PX uses the Micro-heel brake. @JShort , looks like you were in that thread too. Yes, I have a new pair of 120mm. DM your address, I'll send them to you.

I also have 80 and 90 mm, if anyone has a need, plus a few pairs in various sizes of regular SPX brakes.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have NO idea why the need for two different brakes.

TS
JShort

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier

View attachment 183919

Hard to tell the difference in the shot above, but looking from another angle, the micro-heel has a 3d-ish metal bottom whereas the SPX is flat.

Micro-heel:
View attachment 183920

SPX:
View attachment 183921

Ah, looking back on @ScotsSkier 's post, yes, the PX uses the Micro-heel brake. @JShort , looks like you were in that thread too. Yes, I have a new pair of 120mm. DM your address, I'll send them to you.

I also have 80 and 90 mm, if anyone has a need, plus a few pairs in various sizes of regular SPX brakes.
Pm'd

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 183919

Micro-heel:
View attachment 183920

SPX:
View attachment 183921

@tomahawkins if you have a set of 80mm micro-heel brakes, I will take them . PM me and we will sort payment. Also ki have a set of regular SPX 100 mm brakes here if anyone needs them

Pacobillie

Putting on skis
Skier

View attachment 183919

Micro-heel:
View attachment 183920

SPX:
View attachment 183921

I am interested in the 90 mm brakes. I sent you a PM.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks For the quick reply!
Sundance is still selling 80, 100, and 120. If you need a 90, I have a 90 in SPX; send me a micro-heel 80, I'll switch out the brake arms and send it back to you.

It's interesting, Look is now touting the short mounting distance of the Rockerace. @Philpug, maybe they're catching on.

Pacobillie

Putting on skis
Skier
Sundance is still selling 80, 100, and 120. If you need a 90, I have a 90 in SPX; send me a micro-heel 80, I'll switch out the brake arms and send it back to you.

It's interesting, Look is now touting the short mounting distance of the Rockerace. @Philpug, maybe they're catching on.

I only have a set of 120mm brakes. They are too wide for anything that I ski on. How hard is it to switch the brake arms.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I only have a set of 120mm brakes. They are too wide for anything that I ski on. How hard is it to switch the brake arms.

Kind of involved. Takes me about 30 minutes.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid