• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for a carver for a featherweight

Triplet

Chasing the perfect fit, ENTP :)
Skier
Are there skis equivalent to the Fischer RC4 CT that are more suitable to a lightweight (130lb) adult who just starts to learn the skill of carving? Preferably with a plate as you can shim the bindings with these(just in case I need my alligment to be fixed).

I can comfortably ski European reds and most of the time I am on my edges railing? medium turns with some speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Are there skis equivalent to the RC4 CT that are more suitable to a lightweight (130lb) adult who just starts to learn the skill of carving? Preferably with a plate as you can shim the bindings with these(just in case I need my alligment to be fixed).

I can comfortably ski European reds and most of the time I am on my edges railing? medium turns with some speed.
Rossignol Hero Elite MT TI? That's the lightest, softest, most gentle of the mid-radius skis in all the brands' consumer 'race' lines I think. Still pretty precise and energetic, though.
Maybe the Atomic Redster X9 Wide Body. Just a bit less precise I would say than the Rossi.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are there skis equivalent to the RC4 CT that are more suitable to a lightweight (130lb) adult who just starts to learn the skill of carving? Preferably with a plate as you can shim the bindings with these(just in case I need my alligment to be fixed).

Blossom Numero Uno N*1 SC (71mm) and Numero Uno N*1 Lady (67mm) both are available w/o plates so you can put on any plate that can be worked with for fore/aft adjustment. But I would err to the SC.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you ever tried the Fischers yourself? I mean, it might well turn out you like them. They are not as scary as it sounds. Well yeah, some speed is indeed required to bring them to life but after that they are sweethearts. Of the more spirited nature.

Stockli Laser SC? Cant think of a more user friendly carver than that. Or indeed the Blossoms Phil recommended.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Blossom Numero Uno N*1 SC (71mm) and Numero Uno N*1 Lady (67mm) both are available w/o plates so you can put on any plate that can be worked with for fore/aft adjustment. But I would err to the SC.
This! Skis marketed to females are usually just softer versions of men's skis for lighter riders. When you get more aggressive with experience and skill, look at women's SL skis as well.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When you get more aggressive with experience and skill, look at women's SL skis as well.

Why?
I mean, somebody wants a 15.5 m radius ski, but we recommend SL ski?
How does this make any sense?

Absolutely not! When he gets more aggressive, he will want WRT ST in 172. :ogbiggrin: Or the HEAD equivalent. Or something...

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Why?
I mean, somebody wants a 15.5 m radius ski, but we recommend SL ski?
How does this makes any sense?
We Kemosabe? He didn't say "Get a women's SL", he said...
When you get more aggressive with experience and skill, look at women's SL skis as well.

At least he didn't say "Get the Stockli..." ;)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
You folks should know by now that anytime you disagree with me, either you read it wrong or you are just flat out WRONG :roflmao:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Are there skis equivalent to the Fischer RC4 CT that are more suitable to a lightweight (130lb) adult who just starts to learn the skill of carving? Preferably with a plate as you can shim the bindings with these(just in case I need my alligment to be fixed).

Why the plate?
If the alignment required is canting. Do it under the boot.
The plate will generally stiffen the skis. For skiers that are working on the fundamental, I usually like to see them on "softer" skis. The softer skis will often improve the "feel" experienced by the skier.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Why the plate?
The plate will generally stiffen the skis. For skiers that are working on the fundamental, I usually like to see them on "softer" skis. The softer skis will often improve the "feel" experienced by the skier.
I was reading it as fore/aft but yes, canting should be done to the boot, not the ski.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
With most (if not all) system bindings, you can play around with the 'mount point' (boot center point). Any exceptions? I can only think of competition bindings that are mounted on a race plate...

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Why the plate?

Yes, yes! @Triplet to the King you listen! Lie to you, he will not!

1637951999683.png

TS
Triplet

Triplet

Skier
Have you ever tried the Fischers yourself? I mean, it might well turn out you like them. They are not as scary as it sounds. Well yeah, some speed is indeed required to bring them to life but after that they are sweethearts. Of the more spirited nature.

Stöckli Laser SC? Cant think of a more user friendly carver than that. Or indeed the Blossoms Phil recommended.
Only progressor F17... What I have as skis rn is an old Rossi Pursuit 13xCA(I stopped skiing in 2015 and now I am back since last season) and QST 92 but that's entirely different animal.

TS
Triplet

Triplet

Skier
Why the plate?
Not canting actually, as @Philpug said, I am afraid I might need fore/aft adjustments and here in Bulgaria it's super hard to find anyone who's doing boot sole(thread) work.

Noted about the "softer" skis .

Last edited:
TS
Triplet

Triplet

Skier
Also, thank you guys for creating this thread in the forum .

//Still learning to use the Multi-Quote.

Sponsor