• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for a carver for a featherweight

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Listen to Phil...
If you want a soft, high performance ski, the Blossom No1 SC is the ticket.
Mine are mounted with a piston plate to minimize vibration and they are #1.
Blossom SC.JPG
Blossom 1sc.jpg

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
But the point is to stop introducing this variable at the binding interface. Keep it all in the boots (for people that want different things). So we should be screaming; especially the folks with strong industry ties. If there are folks that want a different delta depending on the ski then they certainly can still do that using under binding shims, but there's no rhyme or reason to how the manufacturers currently "assign" delta to bindings. They're changing deltas year-to-year and model-to-model.
While that works in theory,
  • Its not likley to happen
  • Most people on the slopes don't go to and never will see a bootfitter who will address these things.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
While that works in theory,
  • Its not likley to happen
  • Most people on the slopes don't go to and never will see a bootfitter who will address these things.

I think you missed my point that if bindings are flat, then boot makers will modify the molds, bootboards, and forward lean for new models to account for the fact that the binding deltas are no longer variable.

For those skiers that do not see a boot fitter, it truly is hit or miss and most likely they'll have no idea why. This is why there's such a proliferation of mount point discussions across the forums. Folks get on different bindings and have no clue that the bindings have changed their fore/aft stance. This can't possibly make sense to the engineers at the binding companies. So I really don't get why none of them want to remove the problem once and for all. And it is a problem, whether they feel like acknowledging it or not.

P.S. wouldn't it be nice if when you're fitting a pair of boots, and they feel all nice and balanced while standing on the floor, that they aren't going to suddenly feel different when they're snapped into the skis?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think you missed my point that if bindings are flat, then boot makers will modify the molds, bootboards, and forward lean for new models to account for the fact that the binding deltas are no longer variable.

For those skiers that do not see a boot fitter, it truly is hit or miss and most likely they'll have no idea why. This is why there's such a proliferation of mount point discussions across the forums. Folks get on different bindings and have no clue that the bindings have changed their fore/aft stance. This can't possibly make sense to the engineers at the binding companies. So I really don't get why none of them want to remove the problem once and for all. And it is a problem, whether they feel like acknowledging it or not.

P.S. wouldn't it be nice if when you're fitting a pair of boots, and they feel all nice and balanced while standing on the floor, that they aren't going to suddenly feel different when they're snapped into the skis?
:doh:
I haven't missed your point. I just don't think the same way you do.

Lets get back to helping @Triplet find his carving ski.
Triplet, are you any closer?

TS
Triplet

Triplet

Chasing the perfect fit, ENTP :)
Skier
:doh:
I haven't missed your point. I just don't think the same way you do.

Lets get back to helping @Triplet find his carving ski.
Triplet, are you any closer?
:D yep, i got great recommendations here. The light in the tunnel is brighter than ever.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just realized this thread was in the reviews area. Moving it over to Hard Goods

TS
Triplet

Triplet

Chasing the perfect fit, ENTP :)
Skier
Need advice!
Found a great, great deal on used Laser SC in 170, but they come with SRT speed plate and MC12 bindings. Any possibilities to convert the ski to a non-plated set or I should pass on this?

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Need advice!
Found a great, great deal on used Laser SC in 170, but they come with SRT speed plate and MC12 bindings. Any possibilities to convert the ski to a non-plated set or I should pass on this?

Should be able to remove that plate with no issues. Just mount the binding on the ski flat afterward.

Sponsor

Staff online