• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for a new BBQ

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I almost hate to ask here, but, I'm in the market for a new BBQ. Must haves - propane only, no side burner, good heat control and on the smaller size. What am I replacing....a Napoleon I won at a home show maybe 18 years ago. It's time! I have only an open balcony at my condo in town. I love my big Broil King Signet that I have at the cottage and was hoping it had a baby brother, as I don't have the room in town. Looks like the GEM. But I'm open to other makes. Suggestions?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Weber. After many years of cheaper bbq's that last a few years, I splurged on a Weber. Now I just kick myself for not doing it years ago.

We're in the market for a new one as well and so many cheaper options but none with the durability of Weber. I was attracted to the cheaper options are they come with a lot and sure look nice. However, countless people said Weber...... so that's what I'm going with.

Not sure how accessible Weber is in Canada but my friend who lives in Calgary has had a napoleon for 2 years that they bought at Costco for just under $200 cad and they highly recommend it

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
+1 Weber
I usually use charcoal Weber Kettle for grilling and smoking, but have a older Weber Genesis when charcoal can't be used.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We jsut got a Weber last year, a Genesis (whenever I say "Genesis" in my head I hear it in Christopher Lloyds voice in ST:III). It replaced a Sears Kenmore that I brought out with me. All of the Weber accolades ring true, they are damn fine grills. So add another vote for a Weber.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
MHP gas grill , Made in USA , great quality, Extremely even heat , one of the best thing I have bought in years , I had a Webber for 20 years , there is no comparison, MHP is way better

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Weber is made in Kitchener, so very available. No the charcoal or pellets...condo corp. Since I may be out of commission thus weekend after my shot, I'll check out the Webers. Thanks.

Awesome Same for us with no charcoal or pellets in CT. You might be fine with your 2nd shot. I have friends that were later out after #2. We had our 2nd shots on a Thursday and were skiing 2 days later. Everyone is different. Happy shot and happy BBQ hunting.

Last edited:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I do not own a Weber grill but I can say that their customer service is top notch. One of my customers had their Weber grill blow off their deck in a windstorm and get damaged. They sent a picture of the jumbled mess to Weber and received a bunch of replacement parts under warranty, most of which were unnecessary and are now sitting as spares their garage.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
MHP gas grill , Made in USA , great quality, Extremely even heat , one of the best thing I have bought in years , I had a Webber for 20 years , there is no comparison, MHP is way better

2nd MHP grills. Weber is nice too, no question. But check out Phoenix Grills ( MHP ) as a comparison.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I keep eyeballing this one, the Weber Traveler, for deck and camping. It's big enough for 4 good size steaks and I have other ways to burn bigger cuts of meat.
9010001BR_1800x1800.png

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January