• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for a new BBQ

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Huh. So it’s like a gringo wok where you can plop a steak in the middle?
How do you use yours?

I’ve never actually made a steak on it. I’m sure you can. It’s sloped into the center (the hot part), so you have three-ish cooking zones. High heat in the center, and then you can move toward the outside to keep warm. It’s great for a lot of things, you can do skillets or soups or gumbo or paella or brats or anything really. Breakfast burritos … cook the meat, move it to outside, add vegetables, cook, move to outside, eggs, then scramble it all. Heat up tortillas on the outside. I like it for camping because then it’s just one cooking pan to clean. You do it kind of like cast iron. Season it, then clean with water, and re oil. Maiden voyage was breakfast.

0625D855-D781-4B54-9A83-B7DA2BD979F2.jpeg

16DCD176-9E53-47E0-BAE1-27D46CEDA21C.jpeg

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve never actually made a steak on it. I’m sure you can. It’s sloped into the center (the hot part), so you have three-ish cooking zones. High heat in the center, and then you can move toward the outside to keep warm. It’s great for a lot of things, you can do skillets or soups or gumbo or paella or brats or anything really. Breakfast burritos … cook the meat, move it to outside, add vegetables, cook, move to outside, eggs, then scramble it all. Heat up tortillas on the outside. I like it for camping because then it’s just one cooking pan to clean. You do it kind of like cast iron. Season it, then clean with water, and re oil. Maiden voyage was breakfast.

View attachment 136483

View attachment 136484
It’s like a wok!
Screams for some pad Thai.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the only Weber under $700 is the Q. So back to Broil King etc...Waiting for the sales too. Ontario gets to open more next Wednesday!!
I have the Weber Spirit pictured upthread..….it was definitely under 700.00.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a Weber Q at home as well, and it has been just fine. I also use a Fire Disc, which isn't a grill, more like a giant wok on a stand, but it was my favorite new toy last summer. Very versatile. If I had space limitations, I might do this and a table top grill.
36_Original_Fireman_Red_426.jpg
That is extremely cool.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yeah, condos suck in some ways. You often can't have bicycles in your unit, hallways, elevators or common areas. You sometimes have to have certain types of blinds or curtains so they all match. If you have a problem with authoritay, stay away from condos..

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Yeah, condos suck in some ways. You often can't have bicycles in your unit, hallways, elevators or common areas. You sometimes have to have certain types of blinds or curtains so they all match. If you have a problem with authoritay, stay away from condos..

I've heard of some nightmare complexes but fortunately ours is very easy going in those areas.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think the only Weber under $700 is the Q. So back to Broil King etc...Waiting for the sales too. Ontario gets to open more next Wednesday!!
I forget when we're looking at prices that the Canadian $ and US are very different.

James

Out There
Instructor
$519 = $639 Canadian
Well I’d be tempted to get your American friends to find a used one. Then ship it up. You could have them ship parts too. If it wasn’t the border closed issue, they could just pretend to be car camping with it.

Do you guys live in the Borg or something? I am truly gobsmacked by this notion.
Well when people are cramming Christmas trees into fireplaces to burn them, then proceed to burn the surrounding units down also, you have to take steps.
Do they allow cigarette smoking inside units?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I cook on the grill (Webber Kettle) or smoker (2 barrel) for most meals during the 8-9 months out of the year. Lump charcoal and apple or mesquite are my go to heat.

I used charcoal for a while and started using more wood. Put some cut up hardwood in the chimney stater and then put chartcoal or just briquettes on top and it lights up in no time, but store the wood indoors. We have oak galore out back so its free.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What?

What?

What???

Do you guys live in the Borg or something? I am truly gobsmacked by this notion.

I think the big condo fire in VT (not grilling related) a few years ago screwed up the hoa insurance situation.

Spam16v

Zac
Skier
Webber Q vote here. Travels well with a baby tank, grills 4-6 days a week year round one the deck. Here’s what I have to say about the HOA: 59426209-0329-43A9-98F8-41FF42FA8DC6.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online