• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for Loveland powder and crud ski

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Exact same sidecut but a bit lighter core in the 2020 skis but I know some of the 3.0 were made in the Fisher plant with ALL the 21 made there. The bigger difference was on the CT 2.0 and CT 1.0 that were significantly different between 20 to 21.

178cm should be perfect then and the really cool, manly men would have no issues with a pink stripe on a black ski! Haha

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier

The white was the “men’s” version and notice he mentions the factory change in the video for where the 3.0 was being built.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
This is the place in Canada with the 2020 3.0X 178cm in stock.
CC9A3501-522F-4044-AECD-22659EA25AA3.png

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Just checked eBay and there’s a listing for the 2020 3.0x for $429 US and the 21 3.0X for $599.99. Maybe contact the 2020 and get them to weight a pair. If 3600gr range, it’s the lighter core and 4000gr plus range it’s the 21 heavier core.
Also a 2022 version men’s 3.0 from a private seller for $650 which should be in the 3800gr range for the set.

Last edited:
TS
Rdputnam515

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Greg thank you for this. Super helpful. Now working in getting some follow ups with the vendors.

if it’s ok I might pick your and ski otters brain on mount point for these, I might try to find some demos to mount or something

TS
Rdputnam515

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Bah the Canada Ski Depot site will only ship to Canada addresses.
time to check out the eBay post.

powder7 here in Golden has a demo 21 3.0x in 178cm too.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Saw the Powder7 has new 178cm 21 3.0x on for $549.99 with free shipping. That’s your ski as it’s guaranteed from the Fisher plant and will be the unicorn 2021 flex and weight.

Not a fan of demo bindings in general but you especially don’t want them on a current Candide ski with their unique underfoot flex pattern. Most freeride skis have a “moustache” rocker AND flex pattern where there’s rocker and softer flex in the tip and tail with stiffer flex underfoot. The Candide line has moustache rocker(except for the CT 5.0 that’s flat underfoot) but their flex is stiffer tip and tail than most skis but remains the same flex if not a bit softer underfoot. This allows a more forgiving flex in bumps and off piste but eliminates tip deflection when charging through crud.

A long mounting template Demo binding would add weight, higher stack height and wouldn’t allow the skis natural flex under them. Not to worry on mounting point as the Factions are very good within their 3cm sweet spot range that is easily chosen depending on skier style/size, where it’s used and length of ski chosen vs their size.

Freestyle skiers heavy into switch skiing and park use are at the Candide mark, those that want to drive their ski but still want a playful ski are -1.5cm back and traditional skiers wanting the best float and stability will be -3cm back from the Candide mark. The factory mounts go further back as you move wider in the lineup as the sidecuts become more directional.
For your size, style of skiing, length of 178cm on the CT 3.0, I think a mount of -2cm would be perfect. You’d get the ability to drive the ski, be nice a stable at speed, have good float but still be very playful and have easy turn imitation. If you were a bit larger on that length, I’d put you at -3cm or if you chose the 184cm, I’d move you closer than to -1/-1.5cm mark.

So those skis with Red Attack 13s on a deal(I’ll give you a contact that ships to USA) mounted -2cm and you’re done. Think the red would look great on those skis and would be easier to see in powder.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Loveland has a pretty solid demo program too run out of their shop.

If you're curious about the Moment Bibby (now Wildcat) and have a 26-28 boot, I have a set of 184s you can demo up there. I also have a set of Moment Deathwish in 184 with demo bindings. Both are pretty well-loved which would need to be taken into account in the evaluation. I'm around most weekends.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
The usual suspects for this program:
Wildcat
Billygoat
Blackops gamer
Rustler 11
CT 3.0

I demoed a few of them and went for the wildcat (in 184cm, I am build like the op). I love them so much that I am eyeing the Deathwish 104.

Last edited:
TS
Rdputnam515

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Loveland has a pretty solid demo program too run out of their shop.

If you're curious about the Moment Bibby (now Wildcat) and have a 26-28 boot, I have a set of 184s you can demo up there. I also have a set of Moment Deathwish in 184 with demo bindings. Both are pretty well-loved which would need to be taken into account in the evaluation. I'm around most weekends.
Hey thanks! I’ll come up a bit short on the WC, at 25.5 (295bsl) but that is an awesome offer!

as we get deeper into the season I may reach out to you on the DW. The rocker situation scares me off on just blindly pulling the trigger on that one

Sponsor

Staff online