• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
ccac0303

ccac0303

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Some truth here. I went through this when I first purchased my Enforcer 100s. Solved 100% by mounting at minus 1, and went from "like" to "love".

Did the same right out of the gate with my Enforcer 88s, and very happy.

Me: 6'2" and 200 pounds, skiing the 185/186 length.

Will do the same if I get the enforce 88 in 179. Good tips

Relegate

Booting up
Skier
Well, I pulled the trigger. Looking at my skis and spurred by a closeout sale from Liberty, I chose to try the 2020 v82’s in a 179. A total left turn but here is my thinking.

I have some beloved Line Supernatural 100’s are all the all mountain ski I need. I’ve had fun on these from PA to Brek to Alta power days. I loved the Kendo, but I wanted a different flavor.

Honestly, the reviews on here and everyone’s advice, plus wanting a frontside, damp ski that can do a bunch of stuff lead me to the V82.
Finger’s crossed, who doesn’t love new ski day?!

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Well, I pulled the trigger. Looking at my skis and spurred by a closeout sale from Liberty, I chose to try the 2020 v82’s in a 179. A total left turn but here is my thinking.

I have some beloved Line Supernatural 100’s are all the all mountain ski I need. I’ve had fun on these from PA to Brek to Alta power days. I loved the Kendo, but I wanted a different flavor.

Honestly, the reviews on here and everyone’s advice, plus wanting a frontside, damp ski that can do a bunch of stuff lead me to the V82.

I can't wait to hear what you think. Knowing you love your Supernaturals, (sweet ski) I think and hope you will be wowed.

Relegate

Booting up
Skier
I think and hope you will be wowed.

Thanks! That helps shake off some of the post purchase remorse. Haha. I used to ski Head for a decade, everything from the im75 to the 103’s. I had some carving skis from them as well. I like the Line’s because they Plow through crud and have no real speed limit. Edge hold could be better and I could be better too! Figure the 82 is a good number if nothing else. :crossfingers:

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier

I have the v76 in 172cm. Really like them, I do wish they are a touch stiffer. I probably should've gone for 179 instead. I think you made the right choice.

Relegate

Booting up
Skier
I have the v76 in 172cm. Really like them, I do wish they are a touch stiffer. I probably should've gone for 179 instead. I think you made the right choice.
Are yours the 2019 build or the 2020? I’ve read they added a third strut, or did they have that? Hope it’s not noodly. Thanks for your feedback (and reassurance)!

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Are yours the 2019 build or the 2020? I’ve read they added a third strut, or did they have that? Hope it’s not noodly. Thanks for your feedback (and reassurance)!
I have the 2018, without the third strut. Even with two, they are not noodly. I ski in the Catskills, there are some days where the slopes are just pure blue ice.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
EC quiver of one...really can’t go wrong with a Brahma. We sell a ton of them to the race team dads....It’s like Elk’s Mtn’s dad sponsored ski.

Relegate

Booting up
Skier
Well, my 2020 $399 closeouts arrived today. Looks like they oversold the 2020’s or just wanted to super stoke me out. 2021’s!!! :yahoo:
C9434FDA-6255-467F-92E8-7139A545A04D.jpeg

E3876D70-3C18-4138-A41A-013B198DEEEA.jpeg

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Attack2 13s always a good bet and since they have only had cosmetic changes the last few years there are deals on leftover 2020 or 2019 models.
Have seen listings for the 2019 Attack2 16 with the beefier metal heel for $180 CAN/$140ish US online and they had stock in the 85mm brake.

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
This is the most competitive segment of the market and there are a bunch of great choices. For those that haven't purchased yet, DEMO DEMO DEMO.

Tyrolia Attack 2 13 all day every day.

Relegate

Booting up
Skier
This is the most competitive segment of the market and there are a bunch of great choices. For those that haven't purchased yet, DEMO DEMO DEMO.

Tyrolia Attack 2 13 all day every day.
I demo'd a bunch of skis last year, narrowed it down to 2. Then I waited, and really thought about the fact I probably didn't demo skis that were different enough from my daily's and thought about "different" more than "familiar but narrower". I admittedly never demo'd (nor have seen) the Liberty's... so a pretty big leap of faith on PugSki member recommendations and feedback, plus tests, etc. I also like having something a little different. I'll post a first run review here.

I'll grab some Attacks... I have a number of skis with older Head/Tyrolia and they never let me down.

Relegate

Booting up
Skier
First ride review with Liberty v82:

I ordered the boards from Liberty in November for my birthday and grabbed some Marker Griffon 13 bindings for them at Buckman’s Ski Shop down the street from my house. Possibly the biggest mistake I made was not having the skis tuned when they were mounted. Read on.

Went to Blue MTN today with my wife and daughter and was beyond eager to try out these V82’s. Everything I read these were going to be fantastic skis!!

Quite simply- they were the worst skis I have ever skied. In fact, they were completely unskiable. I couldn’t get them to turn and knew immediately the factory tune was way out spec for our conditions/my ability/any human. After struggling for 2 hours I went to shop at the base completely deflated and asked them to look at the tune.

$30 and 30 minutes later I picked up the skis with a .5 degree base bevel and a 2 degree edge bevel (or so they said is their standard high performance tune) and fresh wax. Nervously I went back up the hill to see if once again the skis were going to be skiing me... or vice versa. In fact, I’d resigned myself to “if they don’t work this time, I’m selling them and getting Kendo 88’s right now” - my favorite ski I tested last year.

Immediately the edges felt less hooky and tram-liney. Ok... I tentatively steered towards Lazy Mile to follow the family and to my surprise... the skis were Absolutely Transformed!!! They actually turned! You could actually roll them on edge and they blasted across the hill making a variety of turns with no issues. As my confidence grew I pushed the pace and at medium speeds is where these came alive!

I was pretty tired by the end of the day and can’t wait to get back out again. I realize the out of the box tune was not the right one for me and these skis have lived on to fight another day. Damp, super stable, stiff enough, carvey, fun.

Last edited:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
First ride review with Liberty v82:

I ordered the boards from Liberty in November for my birthday and grabbed some Marker Griffon 13 bindings for them at Buckman’s Ski Shop down the street from my house. Possibly the biggest mistake I made was not having the skis tuned when they were mounted. Read on.

Went to Blue MTN today with my wife and daughter and was beyond eager to try out these V82’s. Everything I read these were going to be fantastic skis!!

Quite simply- they were the worst skis I have ever skied. In fact, they were completely unskiable. I couldn’t get them to turn and knew immediately the factory tune was way out spec for our conditions/my ability/any human. After struggling for 2 hours I went to shop at the base completely deflated and asked them to look at the tune.

$30 and 30 minutes later I picked up the skis with a .5 degree base bevel and a 2 degree edge bevel (or so they said is their standard high performance tune) and fresh wax. Nervously I went back up the hill to see if once again the skis were going to be skiing me... or vice versa. In fact, I’d resigned myself to “if they don’t work this time, I’m selling them and getting Kendo 88’s right now” - my favorite ski I tested last year.

Immediately the edges felt less hooky and tram-liney. Ok... I tentatively steered towards Lazy Mile to follow the family and to my surprise... the skis were Absolutely Transformed!!! They actually turned! You could actually roll them on edge and they blasted across the hill making a variety of turns with no issues. As my confidence grew I pushed the pace and at medium speeds is where these came alive!

I was pretty tired by the end of the day and can’t wait to get back out again. I realize the out of the box tune was not the right one for me and these skis have lived on to fight another day. Damp, super stable, stiff enough, carvey, fun.
I'll be headed to Blue this Wednesday for my first day of the year. Hoping the crowds won't be like the weekends. I have new skis I could take (Dynastar Legend X88), but I think I'll take my old faithfuls (Elan Amphibio 88 XTi) for the first day of the year. I know their tune is good, but the Legends could need some work if my home tuning didn't improve the factory tune. I usually let a shop set them at 1/3 and then do the maintenance myself.

Sponsor

Staff online