• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for new skis

Qu1TEX

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I need a suggention on skis,
I'm 179cm, 86kg. I ski head supershape e-speed (170 cm)(2010) in alps (descent >800m), my level is advanced-expert, 100% on piste. I enjoy it, its stable at high speed, but i want to update.
I have 3 options, Head Worldcup Rebels e-Speed Pro WCR 14(2023/2024) (180cm) , Head WCR e-GS Rebel Pro Master(2023/2024) (183cm) and Head Worldcup Rebels e-Race Pro WCR 14 (2023/2024)(180cm)
Watched some reviews, however i still not sure which one to choose, I'm looking for smth that will be stable on high speeds ( 70+ kph ) , good carving and also i dont want suffer on low speeds(<40). Additionally, i ski normally from 8-14, right before or at the moment when all slopes become destroyed or melted.
What would be your suggetion, or is there any better skis ( I prefer, HEAD or FISCHER, but anyway, I wanna hear your opinion)?
P.S. Maybe its important or no, but anyway, I have high perfomance boots K2 BFC 120 ( Flex - 120)

Last edited:

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
I bought 2023, 180cm e.speed pro (yellow ones) but have not skied them yet.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
The skis you mention differ mostly in radius. All are very stable and carve like crazy. But what turn size do you like? That would be the determining factor in this case, I think.

silverback

Skier
I took two runs on them today. Combined with my early season lack of strength, it is too early to form too much of an opinion but they were fast, stiff, smooth and powerful with a pretty big sweet spot. Much closer to FIS GS skis than other GS-lite skis I have or have tried. More like real race skis with a smaller radius and length.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I took two runs on them today. Combined with my early season lack of strength, it is too early to form too much of an opinion but they were fast, stiff, smooth and powerful with a pretty big sweet spot. Much closer to FIS GS skis than other GS-lite skis I have or have tried. More like real race skis with a smaller radius and length.

What length did you get?

Dfish

Putting on skis
Skier
All three of those options should be stable at speed and great at carving. As cheizz mentioned, they are different radii, so I think you need to be honest about what kind of turns you want to make, and let that choose your ski.

Keep in mind the length of ski you're looking at(180cm+) will already favor slightly longer turns.

I went went 170cm E-Race Pros, Since I'm 63kg, and want to make varied turns without always having to ski at mach speeds(my other ski is FIS GS) I found them fairly easy to push into Large SL or Medium size GS turns. But they really love to be in the middle ground in that 14.8m radius, slamming from one arc to the next.

Maybe find a demo if you are unsure, since you already have skis that are fine for you.

Attachments

• PXL_20231118_174409241.jpg
    PXL_20231118_174409241.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Two more questions as I am >< this close to pulling the trigger on these:

-Are the edges normal thickness or thin as in Head Masters ski? A pic pf the bases would be really welcome.
-Which bindings did you go for? What is the difference between Freeflex ST 14 and 14x?

Last edited:

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

-Are the edges normal thickness or thin as in Head Masters ski? A pic pf the bases would be really welcome.
-Which bindings did you go for? What is the difference between Freeflex ST 14 and 14x?
-My eRacePros last year had normal edge thickness, as did my iSLs from a few years back.
-Head Protector. :)

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
-My eRacePros last year had normal edge thickness, as did my iSLs from a few years back.
-Head Protector. :)

Protectors are not an option where i am buying these from and besides-I am not convinced I need them.

i mean these:

vs these:

Yes, the Pros and SL are normal thickness just need someone to confirm the Speeds are the same.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Protectors are not an option where i am buying these from and besides-I am not convinced I need them.

i mean these:

vs these:

Yes, the Pros and SL are normal thickness just need someone to confirm the Speeds are the same.

You want the X. Better heel.

silverback

Skier

IMG_4302.jpeg

IMG_4303.jpeg

silverback

Skier
I got a little more time on the 180cm e.speed pros this week. About four hours on Tuesday and a few runs today. Also skied my 183/20.5m mx83s and my 188/30 Volkl FIS GS. I’m on the factory tune on the Heads but .7/3 on the others.
Confirmed my first impressions. The Heads are a really nice, well mannered pair of skis. There were some firm spots in the relatively soft groomers and I never worried about them letting go or feeling over powered. They felt playful and ready if it hit a bumps patch, softish snow or some chalk. I kept feeding them speed as I got more confident in them and they handled it well.
As one would expect, the race skis felt like they wanted to operate at a higher speed. If I were on the Kastles or Heads and a friend were on the other, we would be well matched.
So far, I’m glad I bought them.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online