• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Loqski, Protecting your Skis and Poles from Theft

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
LOQSKI-SkiTalk-ski-lock-slider.jpeg

This thread is for the general discussion of the Article Loqski, Protecting your Skis and Poles from Theft. Please add to the discussion here.

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
As a Brit, supportive of British start-ups, I generally can't help but be bemused/amused as to the timing of the launch/relaunch. It says early December on the website, today is the 10th already. In the greatest tradition the Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, etc

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I bring multiple skis in the car, and often take two pairs up to the base of the lift, where I lock them.

I like the cheap, retracting, combination cable locks, available in most ski shops. (I often bring two.) They are small , smooth rounded ovals, easy to keep in your pocket, and they attach the skis to the ski racks and to each other. Wrapped around your poles also, they'd prevent innocent switches and such. I have used them every time I go up for over a decade. No lost or stolen skis, or poles (not that anyone would want my old poles, or confuse them with their own.)
Yes, they are easily cut off by bolt cutters. But then this device being advertised probably would be too, though maybe not quite as easily - dunno.

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
So, today is Dec 16th. Even the most generous definition of Early December (the first half of December) is now passed. Anyone hoping to order these to NA as a stocking filler is out of luck; I have my doubts I'd get them if they could ship them to me today (and I only live around 45 miles from their offices).

Still think it looks like an excellent product and will be ordering as soon as they're available mind, they're just striking me as increasingly British

ForeverSki

Getting on the lift
Skier
I must have gotten one of their last batch before going out of stock. I upgraded to LEKI trigger 3D poles and used loqski to lock up skis & poles at Breck. Very easy to operate and I appreciate the solid omnidirectional (?not sure the right word) key; the key can go in whichever way. I always felt a little uneasy leaving my gear outside at a big resort. I’m relieved no one can walk away with my new poles.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
It lools seriously heavy to be keeping in your pocket all day.
I don't ski with a lock in pocket, I lock my lock to the racks first thing in the morning and I always go back to the same place. That way I don't have to worry about falling on a metal lock and doing more damage to myself than the fall itself. If this lock allows me to do that I am happy and would probably get one when I need a new one.

RoseSki

Booting up
Skier
So I nerded out a bit and compared the weight to my phone, which is an iphone 12 mini, in part b/c I really hate carrying large/heavy things in my pockets, too! Phone is 4.76oz, and loqski is 3.95oz, or 20% lighter than my phone.

Am curious about Uncle-A's comment. Anyone know if the loqski would lock to a rack?

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
So I nerded out a bit and compared the weight to my phone, which is an iphone 12 mini, in part b/c I really hate carrying large/heavy things in my pockets, too! Phone is 4.76oz, and loqski is 3.95oz, or 20% lighter than my phone.

Am curious about Uncle-A's comment. Anyone know if the loqski would lock to a rack?
They offer an optional tether.
1642288399695.png

Last edited:

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
We got ours yesterday in the mail. I didnt order a tether so will get one from Amazon. I like the way it looks and feels. My concern was if I fell on it. I will lock it to a rack when I get there. Problem solved. Smooth to operate at the house, so we will see how it operates in the cold.

schaudhary77

Booting up
Skier
So far not impressed. Second day of use and the main (ski) portion of the lock will not stay locked. Seems like the small tab that is supposed to keep the locked arm in place is loose. Contacted Loqski over a week ago and no response. Just sent them a second email. Will see how it goes.

Charlie don't surf

Booting up
Skier
So far not impressed. Second day of use and the main (ski) portion of the lock will not stay locked. Seems like the small tab that is supposed to keep the locked arm in place is loose. Contacted Loqski over a week ago and no response. Just sent them a second email. Will see how it goes.
If you hear back from Loqski, I'd be grateful if you update this thread.

This is one of the ski locks I am considering purchasing. From a potential customer standpoint, I'm interested in seeing how they respond to the issue you have with their product.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the original metal one and it's worked well for me. I was considering ordering the new version because it's much lighter but I'll wait to see how things pan out with the rest of you. I hope things get resolved.

schaudhary77

Booting up
Skier
If you hear back from Loqski, I'd be grateful if you update this thread.

This is one of the ski locks I am considering purchasing. From a potential customer standpoint, I'm interested in seeing how they respond to the issue you have with their product.
Sure, will do. So far nothing.