• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Loss of a member--SkiSailor

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry to hear this. Condolences to family and friends. Hopefully she's ripping up the pow with Ullr in some other realm of existence.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Which one is SkiSailor? Middle?

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I lost my mom to colon cancer, too. Please don't put off getting your colonoscopy. It's an easy thing to blow off but the consequences can be fatal. It only takes one of your mornings to take care of it. (Note: I'm not saying that Skisailor did this. I just know that listening to my friends, they come up with all sorts of excuses not to go.)

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Jenny, Perma-grin and SkiSailor on the right.

She looks so familiar to me. Did she have a different name on epicski?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Rest in peace, Laura. I met you at Big Sky during Diva West, where you unfortunately had a bad, I think season ending injury. You were generous with your time and information, and you made sure we had access to lessons with your mentor, a spicy German woman who reminded me of my mom. Not too long after, I remember seeing pictures of you skiing down with her from The Big with a huge smile on your face.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I met Laura in 2014. She had a grin that made me smile and want to hang around her. Online, she was an articulate, passionate persona. I'm glad she was loving life in Big Sky skiing and pushing her boundaries. I can't remember where she posted about doing that couloir, or maybe Ursula posted it, but it was great reading. RIP Laura. I wish I'd had more time to get to know you better.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn't know her but it sounds like she touched a number of lives here. I'm sorry for your loss.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I didn't know her but it sounds like she touched a number of lives here. I'm sorry for your loss.
I think you met her at Big Sky.
She was in the Mammoth room the first few days when we met up in the morning.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think you met her at Big Sky.
She was in the Mammoth room the first few days when we met up in the morning.

I'm sorry to say I don't recall. There were a lot of names and faces to remember.

SkiBam

Putting on skis
Skier
Sorry, don't know - I wasn’t a member of epicski.

I'm not sure if she was on Epic. Though I did ski with her at an Epic gathering at Big Sky a number of years ago. I knew her through Ski Divas. I had such a great time skiing with her - and also Ursula who became her mentor in skiing and instructing. Laura was just a totally lovely lovely person and I feel so thankful to have known her a little.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm sorry to say I don't recall. There were a lot of names and faces to remember.
Exactly. When you meet 70 people all at once, its not easy to remember half of them. Heck, it took me three days to remember who you were.
We have a lot of really incredible people in our midst. This passing is a reminder to embrace each other when we can.

She was a member on EpicSki as she was involved with the Gathering that Nolo hosted in 2013.
I thought I had some pictures of her but can't find them.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Exactly. When you meet 70 people all at once, its not easy to remember half of them. Heck, it took me three days to remember who you were.
We have a lot of really incredible people in our midst. This passing is a reminder to embrace each other when we can.

She was a member on EpicSki as she was involved with the Gathering that Nolo hosted in 2013.
I thought I had some pictures of her but can't find them.
And usually that is 140 names, their screen name and actual name.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I was lucky to meet Laura thru ski divas and I was able to ski with her multiple times.
Oh What a GREAT Lady!! GREAT Skier!! GREAT Sailor!! GREAT Instructor! She was a tough cookie no way would you know the battle she was fighting.

Her smile was contagious, her enthusiasm for life and skiing was immense. She loved her beers too! Cold Smoke Amber's YUM I'll toast her every time. I'm glad I knew her and consider her a friend.
Here's a photo of still the best Powder Day Skiing I ever had-Powder Mt with a private guide .
It was such a great day.. Skisailor has the BRIGHT Neck gaitor -
I cherish this memory and my other days of excellent skiing with her.
Learning of her passing and seeing these posts makes me cry, the world lost a really good one.
Cancer SUCKS.
Now She's one of the brightest stars in the night sky.

RIP Laura- I hope she's getting endless powder runs and smooth wind for her sails, For sure she went to heaven they gained an angel and we lost a really good lady.

here is her obit - http://rtfoard.tributes.com/obituary/show/Laura-Marie-Herr-108486555

1669833_10202146884265035_1790784934_o.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online