• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Loss of a member: TimF

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With deep sorry we have to share with the community that we ahve lost a member of community, @TimF.

Here is a LINK to his services.

Snippet:
If you knew Tim, you’ve no doubt got a smile on your face with a memory of a time your paths crossed. With a gentle kindness and fun-loving magnetism, he brought out the best in people. On October 21, 2020, we lost one of the good ones; one of the best. Tim was my husband. He was humble, as many never knew of the challenges he overcame in his life. His story is one of strength, courage, resilience and dignity, and it is my honor to share it with you.

Tim was born in Tomahawk, Wisconsin. His father, Orlando Francisco, was a family practice physician in the small, north-woods town. His mother, Beverley Francisco, was a registered nurse, staying home to raise three young children, born within three years, (which makes for some humorous stories, as told best by his mother). Growing up was spent riding 4-wheelers, snow skiing and waterskiing up and down the river in the summer. It was a carefree childhood until the beginning of 8th grade when Tim developed a sudden kidney disease, ultimately diagnosed as a nephrotic syndrome. Too sick to attend school, he missed almost the entire school year. However, just as his physicians had run out of options, Tim had a spontaneous recovery. Rather than let the setback deter him, he went on to compete in golf, wrestling, track and field and ski with the local water ski team; jumping, slalom and barefoot water skiing.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Wow, so young, teen kids, so sad..

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Skied for Sea World in San Diego. @Eleeski may have known this guy too.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am SO sorry hear this news...best to his family and friends and may he Rest In Peace.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My condolences to his family

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am so sorry to hear this. I enjoyed Tim’s posts. My deepest condolences to the family.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am very sorry to read this. I’m glad he enjoyed the time he had left and will take it as a reminder to do the same. My prayers are with his family.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
RIP. Sad news. He overcame a lot and sad to hear this news. My condolences to the family.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I didn't know Tim, but his post about selling his gear showed a dignity in the face of horrible circumstances we should all hope to have. May he Rest In Peace.
It is tough enough knowing that we are going to die, I cannot imagine knowing that it will be just days till it happens.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I believe there are still skis left and his wife is monitoring the PMs.
If there is something you need, please reach out to her.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
His accomplishments were incredible.
He was my age :(
This paragraph tied into the last line...

One of Tim’s favorite pint glasses reads Minimum Skill, Maximum Send, Safety Last under a red, white and blue ski helmet graphic. Whether it was in work or play, Tim jumped in with “maximum send,” giving it his all. Why would you do it any other way? This philosophy served him well as he jumped back into life, completing a residency in osteopathic manual medicine and was on the slopes teaching his kids to snow ski the year following his transplant.

You are free now Tim. Free of the suffering, free of the struggles and free to find your peace. My wish for you, may the terrain be steep, the powder deep, the turns be endless and that you are filled with abundant joy. And always—maximum send.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I missed his post about selling his gear. This is sad to hear. I hope he's enjoying endless powder days for eternity right now.

Sponsor

Staff online