• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Loss of a member: TimF

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
crap

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hate to see this. Very sad but he was very stoic knowing his time was close.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
RIP, Tim.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn't know Tim but have quite a few friends that skied with him in Wisconsin and other sites. Prayers to the family.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
I read Tim's original post on selling his skis, as I read most posts on Pugski. I was not looking for skis, but when I read the words "home hospice' they took me back almost 3 years to a difficult time for my family. After maybe a day of thought I went back to the list of skis and decided there was a pair I could use, and if purchasing them could help Tim and his family, I was up for it. Tim and then his wife Stephanie said the skis were mine, and I said I'd use them in Tim's memory, and think of him every time I clicked into the bindings.I didn't know Tim but this experience introduced me to the person he was, and all that he accomplished. Tim's passing is a loss for all of us, skiers or not. My best to his family.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Very sad, best wishes for his family and friends.

Lovely obituary by his wife Stephanie.

There's some great pics at the obituary link.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My condolences to his family and friends.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sea World stopped its waterski show a while back. I did ski with, coach and compete against the skiers from the show. I don't specifically remember Tim but those were fun times the whole San Diego waterski scene was a part of.

I am particularly impressed with the slalom ski telemark experiment from the other thread. How cool!

Good thoughts for a life well lived!

Eric

DerKomisar

Putting on skis
Skier
Such awful news, sending warm thoughts to his family and friends- while I didn't know Tim he clearly left a mark on those that did. May we all be able to have that kind of impact on those around us.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
That is terrible and terribly reminiscent. My own dad suffered childhood nephritis and recovered in time to enlist in the 10th mountain division and battle in Italy; his birthday is this week. Tim sounds like a great guy, best wishes to his family and friends.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister