• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

lubricating pin bindings?

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I've got an older Fritschi Vipec (black, pre-Evo). They've seen a lot of use and unfortunately some salt/grime treatments on the back of buses here and there.

Function is still good, but I wonder, can/should/how should I clean and/or lubricate? I mean the internal moving parts, not the outer surface.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I use some silicone lubricant in my bindings. It is safe for rubber and plastic.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I use some silicone lubricant in my bindings. It is safe for rubber and plastic.
How about graphite?
No experience here but I'm thinking If not lubricating a sealed binding, grit, sand and such would stick to a viscous silicone lubricant?

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've got an older Fritschi Vipec (black, pre-Evo). They've seen a lot of use and unfortunately some salt/grime treatments on the back of buses here and there.

Function is still good, but I wonder, can/should/how should I clean and/or lubricate? I mean the internal moving parts, not the outer surface.
Call Black Diamond?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
How about graphite?
No experience here but I'm thinking If not lubricating a sealed binding, grit, sand and such would stick to a viscous silicone lubricant?

I clean the bindings and then spray some lubricant on the parts where I think its most needed and wipe all excess. again, this is silicone spray lubricant which is pretty dry lubricant no gloppy wd40.

I guess I have done this once on my dynafits over a 3 year period so its not like I do this all the time.

Graphite should be fine its not like this would dissolve the resins holding it together.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have issue with my Vipecs lateral movement having to much friction, they don’t return to center (very quickly ).

interested if you find any service info on taking them apart, cleaning and lubing them.

Sponsor

Staff online