• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Lusti RC GS Cheater .... Agility, stability and tenacity

Lusti Northeast

Booting up
Skier
No one would ski with me today; it was around -30 degrees or less with the chill factor, -5 or less real temp up on the hill with 40 mph wind gusts, but full sun and hard packed grooming with no one on the mountain. Every trail was like a perfectly prepared World Cup race course before anyone hit the snow.

The day to test out a new pair of Lusti RC Giant Slalom 175, 18.1 meter skis with VIST Speed lock bindings on the plate. I put them on the bench early this morning and set up a mild base .5 degree bevel and 92 side edge.

All I can say is that after shoving off from the lift at the summit and making three turns, I knew this was going to be a real ski to be on today. They turn like my FIS Slaloms with aluminum VIST plates, dive into turns at speed with amazing stability and hold like a moray eel taking your hand by accident when on hard surface snow. I think these skis surpass my Kneissl White Star XR cross race skis I loved so much. Wow! This is a very serious ski, but they didn't wear me out after 2.5 hours of demanding skiing.

Running GS with a tighter set would be the calling here. These skis haul and dive into turns with amazing grip. Exiting a turn with power to launch into the next turn is effortless. I find that there is minimal slip or slide; its all full lock up with rebound. They ski like a FIS ski, only they are geared towards faster tighter courses. I should say like a FIS slalom ski on steroids at speed.

I think I may have to keep these skis!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
No one would ski with me today; it was around -30 degrees or less with the chill factor, -5 or less real temp up on the hill with 40 mph wind gusts, but full sun and hard packed grooming with no one on the mountain. Every trail was like a perfectly prepared World Cup race course before anyone hit the snow.

The day to test out a new pair of Lusti RC Giant Slalom 175, 18.1 meter skis with VIST Speed lock bindings on the plate. I put them on the bench early this morning and set up a mild base .5 degree bevel and 92 side edge.

All I can say is that after shoving off from the lift at the summit and making three turns, I knew this was going to be a real ski to be on today. They turn like my FIS Slaloms with aluminum VIST plates, dive into turns at speed with amazing stability and hold like a moray eel taking your hand by accident when on hard surface snow. I think these skis surpass my Kneissl White Star XR cross race skis I loved so much. Wow! This is a very serious ski, but they didn't wear me out after 2.5 hours of demanding skiing.

Running GS with a tighter set would be the calling here. These skis haul and dive into turns with amazing grip. Exiting a turn with power to launch into the next turn is effortless. I find that there is minimal slip or slide; its all full lock up with rebound. They ski like a FIS ski, only they are geared towards faster tighter courses. I should say like a FIS slalom ski on steroids at speed.

I think I may have to keep these skis!
Every Lusti I've been on has been top notch in its respective class. One could easily have a Lusti quiver, at least under 100mm. I haven't been on the wider offerings but the PCs, MPs, and CWRs have been superb. I've no reason to believe the race and race inspired skis would be any different.

TS
L

Lusti Northeast

Booting up
Skier
I have no idea why anyone would use a 1 degree bevel. I like to feel the lock up on hard snow. I even leave the burr on the edge after my side filing and never ruin it with a stone. The first three runs on hard pack with the burr is like skiing with rail road tracks under you. :)

Sponsor

Staff online