• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lusti Skis Thoughts please ...

Angus Grizzly

Booting up
Skier
I have a soft spot for Stockli and Blossom skis (I have a pair of Whiteouts and No1 SLs from Blossom). I am trying to find out what people think of Lusti skis. The construction looks quality (on a par with Blossoms?) and they seem excellent value. However, no chance to ski them at the moment. It is very hard to find any reviews so I would be interested in peoples thoughts on any of their skis. My main interest is the race/piste skis but am also interested in whether they are quality through the range. Any thoughts gratefully received....

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I bought a pair for my wife, The build quality was very good. I was lookin for a sandwich construction with metallic a women's intermediate ski. I can't speak on the ski performance. Its looks to be a very good value

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a soft spot for Stöckli and Blossom skis (I have a pair of Whiteouts and No1 SLs from Blossom). I am trying to find out what people think of Lusti skis. The construction looks quality (on a par with Blossoms?) and they seem excellent value. However, no chance to ski them at the moment. It is very hard to find any reviews so I would be interested in peoples thoughts on any of their skis. My main interest is the race/piste skis but am also interested in whether they are quality through the range. Any thoughts gratefully received....
I would ask @Eric Edelstein.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought a pair for my wife, The build quality was very good. I was lookin for a sandwich construction with metallic a women's intermediate ski. I can't speak on the ski performance. Its looks to be a very good value
Where were you able to find them? I see Sierra-at-Tahoe has the short carvers for demos but none of the traditional lengths.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Where were you able to find them? I see Sierra-at-Tahoe has the short carvers for demos but none of the traditional lengths.

Premiere Skis carries them. I wandered over to their web site because they offer a discount on Blossom Skis for our members and that’s where I discovered Lusti skis.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
i just googled premier ski. Its baby carriage skis (very cool actually) Premier skis (plural) is where to go

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I bought a pair for my wife, The build quality was very good. I was lookin for a sandwich construction with metal in a women's intermediate ski. I can't speak on the ski performance. Its looks to be a very good value

Walks

Booting up
Skier
I've had a pair of Lusti PC 71's for a couple of seasons. Mine are 165's, and at that length they are excellent slalom carvers. These are very capable skis and the quality is right there, too. I'm a fairly aggressive skier and find they perform at a high level. Smooth with a nice pop when you want it. They're happy to just cruise as well. I've had many frontside skis in recent years (Stockli, Head, Kastle, Blizzard, Nordica, Fischer) and the Lustis easily hold their own. If anyone has an interest I'll be posting them for sale soon since I picked up a pair of V76's this season.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've had a pair of Lusti PC 71's for a couple of seasons. Mine are 165's, and at that length they are excellent slalom carvers. These are very capable skis and the quality is right there, too. I'm a fairly aggressive skier and find they perform at a high level. Smooth with a nice pop when you want it. They're happy to just cruise as well. I've had many frontside skis in recent years (Stöckli, Head, Kästle, Blizzard, Nordica, Fischer) and the Lustis easily hold their own. If anyone has an interest I'll be posting them for sale soon since I picked up a pair of V76's this season.

@Walks you do love your exotic skis! How do you like the v76s? Care to throw out your favorite frontside carvers over the last few years?

TS
A

Angus Grizzly

Booting up
Skier
Thanks.

TS
A

Angus Grizzly

Booting up
Skier
I've had a pair of Lusti PC 71's for a couple of seasons. Mine are 165's, and at that length they are excellent slalom carvers. These are very capable skis and the quality is right there, too. I'm a fairly aggressive skier and find they perform at a high level. Smooth with a nice pop when you want it. They're happy to just cruise as well. I've had many frontside skis in recent years (Stöckli, Head, Kästle, Blizzard, Nordica, Fischer) and the Lustis easily hold their own. If anyone has an interest I'll be posting them for sale soon since I picked up a pair of V76's this season.
That is very helpful. Thanks.

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor

Yes, while we are the distributor for Blossom, we have been selling Lusti through our online store shop.premierskis.com for about 8 years. They have a very complete line ranging from FIS race to powder and touring skis. Their carving skis excel on hard snow conditions (we have one Masters racer back East who has 5 pair!) with great grip and acceleration coming out of the turn and their all mountain skis have a nice solid feel.

PM me if you want more info!
Mike

TS
A

Angus Grizzly

Booting up
Skier
Yes, while we are the distributor for Blossom, we have been selling Lusti through our online store shop.premierskis.com for about 8 years. They have a very complete line ranging from FIS race to powder and touring skis. Their carving skis excel on hard snow conditions (we have one Masters racer back East who has 5 pair!) with great grip and acceleration coming out of the turn and their all mountain skis have a nice solid feel.

PM me if you want more info!
Mike
Thanks Mike. Will do.

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
We've been following Lusti for quite a few years.... rock-solid Eastern European (Czech) manufacturer with a wide range of models from kid skis to FIS SL, GS, SG race models.. Carving models are well-respected in a lot of countries...like Mike says. I have fondled them at trade shows, but never skied them. I believe they are building white-labeled versions for https://alpenstille.de/ . Seriously experienced factory with impressive production capabilities and compelling pricing ($575 usd frontside carver with 2 sheets of Titanal @ shop.premierskis.com ) 160cm-185cm size range) . Rarely seen in North America. We have toyed with the idea of doing some formal testing of Lusti models based on people's potential interest. Don't underestimate what a seasoned ski company with lots of experience can produce..at a relative bargain price. Sporten skis are another example...and these I have skied for several runs over several seasons and come away impressed by the price-value they represent. Not every model may be a world-beater design, but in each model lineup, there are some really impressive skis. Definitely look beyond the "big 10 brands" when considering ski choices!

TS
A

Angus Grizzly

Booting up
Skier
We've been following Lusti for quite a few years.... rock-solid Eastern European (Czech) manufacturer with a wide range of models from kid skis to FIS SL, GS, SG race models.. Carving models are well-respected in a lot of countries...like Mike says. I have fondled them at trade shows, but never skied them. I believe they are building white-labeled versions for https://alpenstille.de/ . Seriously experienced factory with impressive production capabilities and compelling pricing ($575 usd frontside carver with 2 sheets of Titanal @ shop.premierskis.com ) 160cm-185cm size range) . Rarely seen in North America. We have toyed with the idea of doing some formal testing of Lusti models based on people's potential interest. Don't underestimate what a seasoned ski company with lots of experience can produce..at a relative bargain price. Sporten skis are another example...and these I have skied for several runs over several seasons and come away impressed by the price-value they represent. Not every model may be a world-beater design, but in each model lineup, there are some really impressive skis. Definitely look beyond the "big 10 brands" when considering ski choices!
Thanks. Appreciate the input.

Sponsor