• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MA request: Taos bumps

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ya I agree that absolutes are too restrictive. However the Intent is definitely to get the hips fwd-fwd-fwd. Wuz writing quickly, sorry bout that.

I was up on the Whistler glacier the day they were shooting the Momentum vid with Ryuji Kuwabara. I'm down in the grey pyramid Mogul Logic tent below the airs at ~0:45. :) :)

I rode the chairlift up to the glacier with John Smart this past summer. We talked more about the new lift setup than about technique or whatnot. He said they were having a great year at Momentum. I was at the PSI camp, we were coached by Glenn Eddy who helped coach the US Olympic team in 2018 and peeps who are current competitors.

We have a totally informal mogul posse that hangs out in the mid-Atlantic and some up at Killington. When we work with peeps at the level of the OP's video, the coaching cue that we use about hips-forward is pretty much as I wrote it... from a recreational mogul technique learning perspective, we have found this to be an effective cue with multi-dozen skiers startin' to work on recreational bump skiing from approx the starting point of the OP.

For whatever any of that is worth or not worth :) :)

Peace All
I like differentiating recreational bump skiing from the pro level. I bet most of us on here aren’t ever going to become the next Nelson Carmichael!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Tricia
    The Velvet Hammer
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid