• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mac-n-cheese

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In celebration of national mac & cheese day, what is your favorite recipe?

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
PSA: free mac & cheese at noodles & company with purchase of any entree today:
http://www.noodles.com/macandcheeseday/

It's unreal how much mac & cheese our kiddos eat. Had to make a rule, only twice per week. Not sure how well the rule is enforced. Annies organic 12-pack from Costco is the way we go.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just got a Yelp e-mail. There was a Lobster mac & Cheese that sounded very yummy. I could feel my arteries were clogging as I was reading the blurb.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
PSA: free mac & cheese at noodles & company with purchase of any entree today:
http://www.noodles.com/macandcheeseday/

That appears to be tomorrow, not today. Just in case someone goes...

Copper has a small restaurant at the base, Mountain Melt, that serves grilled cheese and mac n cheese, as well as soup. I never ate there until almost the end of the season, but it was really good! http://www.coppercolorado.com/dining/mountain-melt/fy17s-mtn-melt-WEB.pdf

They are also having their annual Mac n Cheese Fest on Saturday. I haven't been, but it looks good!

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I just got a Yelp e-mail. There was a Lobster mac & Cheese that sounded very yummy. I could feel my arteries were clogging as I was reading the blurb.

I love lobster mac, but can eat only about 5 bites. It's soooo rich.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I usually start my mac & cheese with a bechamel then add whatever I find in my cheese drawer. Comes out pretty decent - most of the time.

I've heard some people use sodium citrate to keep the cheese melt-y?
Anyone tried it?

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I usually start my mac & cheese with a bechamel then add whatever I find in my cheese drawer. Comes out pretty decent - most of the time.

I got hungry reading this thread, so I went and made some. I had sharp cheddar, fontina, and Parm-Regg. I'll let you know how it turns out.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I got hungry reading this thread, so I went and made some. I had sharp cheddar, fontina, and Parm-Regg. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ok the cheese was good, but I didn't have macaroni and instead used whole wheat egg noodles, which were not as satisfying. Cayenne, dry mustard, and paprika in the sauce = :thumb:

scott43

Skier
Or you can go to the traditional route, loved by all Canadians..KD with ketchup..

canada_mac_n_cheese_kd_with_ketchup_maple_leaf_greeting_card-r11364ec01fb243b399f0c5b820241157_xvuak_8byvr_630.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Every time we go to Noodles and Co it doesn't matter what I order, there will always be a couple pieces of some other kind of pasta in my bowl with what I did order.. Sloppy operation they run there!

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Or you can go to the traditional route, loved by all Canadians..KD with ketchup..

canada_mac_n_cheese_kd_with_ketchup_maple_leaf_greeting_card-r11364ec01fb243b399f0c5b820241157_xvuak_8byvr_630.jpg

That is blasphemy south of the border. You can get excommunicated for doing things like that here. :nono:

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Ours is done in a 9x13 baking dish. Cover the bottom with a layer of noodles, followed by a layer of chunks of Colby-jack and cheddar, another layer of noodles, another of cheese. Add a cup and a half of milk and throw it in the oven.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^ I was waiting for you!

(Maybe @Tricia remembers how that started? I sure don't.)

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online