• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mac-n-cheese

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I had a grilled cheese sandwich at the Del Mar Fair with mac & cheese plus pulled pork and BBQ sauce, that was pretty awesome! And sooner rather than later I'm going to experiment with Chorizo M&C. And I still have yet to try my idea of using Alfredo sauce instead of milk/butter/flour as the sauce base. Plus bacon.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My son was pretty bummed when Bubba Gump's in Breck closed because he loved their Shrimp Shack Mac. Last week we ate at C.B. & Potts (which replaced Bubba Gump's) and he loved their Mac & Cheese.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
My son was pretty bummed when Bubba Gump's in Breck closed because he loved their Shrimp Shack Mac. Last week we ate at C.B. & Potts (which replaced Bubba Gump's) and he loved their Mac & Cheese.

See! I knew that replacing that devil restaurant would work out!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

quant

Don't worry; just go down.
Skier
Cajun Mac and Cheese is for skiers. Make your favorite Mac and Cheese and add andouille sausage, a green or red pepper for taste and color, some scallions for taste and color, and Cajun seasoning. The sausage and seasoning makes it perfect on a cold day.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any mac and cheese is fine by me. Gourmand, not gourmet I guess -- Kraft Deluxe is one of my guilty pleasures. I am sure that dondenver agrees with me... However, lobster Mac and cheese leaves me cold -- I prefer my lobster unadulterated.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
One of the main reasons I'll be marrying my fiance is because of the buffalo chicken mac and cheese he makes.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Any mac and cheese is fine by me. Gourmand, not gourmet I guess -- Kraft Deluxe is one of my guilty pleasures. I am sure that dondenver agrees with me... However, lobster Mac and cheese leaves me cold -- I prefer my lobster unadulterated.

Well, me too. But but but.... my favorite restaurant (although I more often order whatever pan-seared foie gras they have conjured up)

Ty Leon says, "It's a butter life here at Mizuna." He has been at the restaurant for a year and half, as the executive chef for several months. "I've served at least ten of the lobster mac and cheese every shift in that time," he explains.

"It's very representative of what we do. It's simple and well-executed. And there's a ton of butter in it, so it fits the menu quite well."

The dish starts with beurre blanc, a reduction of white wine and vinegar with, of course, butter. Once in the hot pan, a healthy serving of cream is mixed in. Chef removes the pan from heat to add more butter and marscapone cheese.

Back on the burner, it's time for the macaroni and finally, the star of the dish—a giant lobster claw. Cooked until just hot, some more beurre blanc finishes the dish.

After plating, the cheesy platter is carefully topped with lobster oil and a sprig of chervil.

"We go through about six lobsters a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less." The dish has been a staple since day one when the restaurant opened 14 years ago. "I don't think it will ever come off the menu," says Leon.

http://denver.eater.com/2015/7/20/8992385/the-hot-dish-mizunas-lobster-mac-cheese#4791682

Recipe is here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mizuna-lobster-mac-n-cheese-recipe.html

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
One pan for me
One pan for Phil
13680325_10157015476105018_268766579444590996_o.jpg

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
I mean, I don't even like lobster mac n cheese but that sounds pretty damn tasty.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Wow.

In an affront to mac & cheese lovers, we make ours with olive oil in an attempt to be a bit healthier. We don't even have butter in the house... except when the in-laws show up. Within hours there will be a pound of butter in the fridge. They can't fathom how we live without it.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Wow.

In an affront to mac & cheese lovers, we make ours with olive oil in an attempt to be a bit healthier. We don't even have butter in the house... except when the in-laws show up. Within hours there will be a pound of butter in the fridge. They can't fathom how we live without it.

Wait ... come again?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, me too. But but but.... my favorite restaurant (although I more often order whatever pan-seared foie gras they have conjured up)

Ty Leon says, "It's a butter life here at Mizuna." He has been at the restaurant for a year and half, as the executive chef for several months. "I've served at least ten of the lobster mac and cheese every shift in that time," he explains.

"It's very representative of what we do. It's simple and well-executed. And there's a ton of butter in it, so it fits the menu quite well."

The dish starts with beurre blanc, a reduction of white wine and vinegar with, of course, butter. Once in the hot pan, a healthy serving of cream is mixed in. Chef removes the pan from heat to add more butter and marscapone cheese.

Back on the burner, it's time for the macaroni and finally, the star of the dish—a giant lobster claw. Cooked until just hot, some more beurre blanc finishes the dish.

After plating, the cheesy platter is carefully topped with lobster oil and a sprig of chervil.

"We go through about six lobsters a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less." The dish has been a staple since day one when the restaurant opened 14 years ago. "I don't think it will ever come off the menu," says Leon.

http://denver.eater.com/2015/7/20/8992385/the-hot-dish-mizunas-lobster-mac-cheese#4791682

Recipe is here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mizuna-lobster-mac-n-cheese-recipe.html

I like mac & cheese, but foie gras - that's worth killing for.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Everyone has to make their own decisions about health, since information is so conflicted. Butter is a proud staple in our house.

Sponsor