• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mac-n-cheese

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Vegetable rotelli, Havarti with dill, roasted garlic Alfredo sauce, and bacon. Yeah, that worked. :thumb:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
mizunalobstermacandcheese.jpg
OK.
Lobster :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Pasta:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Cheese (anywhere from :thumb: to :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:, depending on the cheese)
I just don't get what makes using elbow macaroni so clever.
What's wrong with lobster cannelloni?
i think we have a controversy here:)

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, and I like my mac-n-cheese to have cumin in it. I grew up with my dad adding it to even the blue box stuff and to this day, unless it's a fancy restaurant version, it just doesn't taste right without it.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lobster, spinach, cavatapi, aged provolone sauce and a little truffle oil if that floats your boat.

My favorite has been orzo ( you need to cook this in chicken stock and finish with butter), an aged gouda sauce...nice gouda like Rembrandt and maybe mix in some gruyere, crispy pork belly lardons and scallion. Top with crumbs and hit it under the broiler real quick. This one is rich!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I buy cavatappi to be macaroni (had to look up a new word!), but orzo? No.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I know gouda is cheese, but orzo isn't macaroni. Cavatappi and other small tubular ones are ok. I tried egg noodles but that was only because it's all I had. It wasn't mac n cheese. Fettucine alfredo isn't either.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My son's pic - he loves Noodles & Co. Mac & Cheese.
image.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'm feeling like buying one of those heinous GF mac n cheese prepackaged monstrosities just because of this thread. God help me, if I could still eat the stuff in the blue box, I'm sure I would. I spent much of college surviving on Kraft Deluxe mac n cheese, with the prepackaged orange goop AND BROCCOLI. Just enough to occasionally dot the orange with green.