• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Madrussian Skis

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
@VickieH thank you.
I think what you describe lesson. I consider part of a learning process of new endeavor or skill… Something always goes together.

@Ron hey!!!! . I'm looking forward next time going to steamboat and ski with you. Hopefully this season again

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Time to update this journal with 2020 build. This time building MR-80. Pictures taken during layup and short draft. Will be more pictures when skis cleaned up and finished.
Graphics wood veneer

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 54
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 60
TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
we will be building MR 102 which @jmills115 really like. Graphics will be same veneer is MR 80. In picture above. This veneer combination looks absolutely stunning and difficult to convinced to get different graphics haha. In fact I'm building new design MR 86 with exactly same veneer for myself

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After getting to ski the MR102 in February of 2020 I had planned to have @mishka build a ski for me in the offseason. The season ending abruptly changed that plan with my still thinking it would happen in 2021. Dragging my feet got us into this week before I committed and I am now looking forward to watching them being built 2300 miles away and then getting them on snow.
In the couple days skiing together the question and answer on the lift with @mishka would continue up top once we got off the chair until we realized how cold we were getting by stopping to talk. I am not sure if it was Monday or Wednesday when we both ended up with frostbite on our faces but I still enjoyed his knowledge of skis and Russian Standard Vodka he shared with me while on the chair.

Pre-frostbite?
IMG_3550.jpeg

This may have been just before I told @mishka he would have to catch me to get his skis back
IMG_3551.jpeg

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
time for update on @jmills115 skis.
we finalize graphics of his MR-102. Skis will have similar veneer as MR-80 above with new looks will be darker veneer under the bindings.
after I Lost at Brighton one of my MR-102 I worked on building replacement pair. Got as far as building core before @jmills115 recovered ski for me. This core, was waiting for him to complete full circle

Attachments

• 102-1.jpg
    102-1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 24

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How is the painting going @mishka? I replaced a couple bathroom exhaust fans today and thought about skiing most of the time.
Taking a break and going through ski drawers I found an envelope of stickers and when I dumped them these two came out together.
The MR102s will see more time at Snowbird this season but will have some Alta days mixed in as well.
BC34C5B4-E1D2-47F8-A543-0F240FB62551.jpeg

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
we are moving forward. rest of preparation will be done together for both pairs of skis. if all goes well we will be pressing skis in no time:crossfingers::beercheer:

just finished building core for new MR 95. I think I believe most significant input on ski performance is core and how it made.

Attachments

• 95-1.jpg
    95-1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 95-2.jpg
    95-2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 17

Sponsor