• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mammoth Tune Recommendation?

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi Folks.

I'm heading down from Tahoe over the holiday- mostly camping in Yosemite but I thought to go skiing Monday for the close.

I need a tune on my rock skis and I have decided to dedicate them to spring so I want to get a spring structure done and of course a wax.

My experience with Footloose has been good, but never had a tune done there. Can anyone recommend a tuning place that understands spring grind and that sort of thing and does a reasonable job? Again, these are going to rock duty so I don't need a USST grade tune, just some Ptex, edge fix and a grind. No core shots even.

Thanks in advance!

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
I don't know of any shops to recommend. Spring snow often is refrozen...no structure required :)...then to thawed...heavy, course structure, to prevent/release suction works best. AM or PM in spring...heavy structure. YMMV.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Travis at Sun & Ski Sports, tell him BigWilliMC sent you. I know another guy, but I think he is done for the season.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve had a bunch of tunes done at Footloose both when Corty owned the store and under the new management. I’ve always been happy with their work. They might be done with tunes for this season though. They usually stop tune work a few weeks before the season ends.

Reactions: pud