• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Marker K12 cti Bindings AFD adjustment & recall

Skibum Dynastar

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello hive mind. First post here.

I just bought some used Kastle LX92 Skis with Marker K12 cti bindings fitted - now two questions...

1. I cannot find the gliding AFD pressure adjustment anywhere, some said early models were automatic but the pressure is thight as hell with my touring boot soles. Can anybody confirm this?

2. On googling the binding I noticed that this binding was subject to a product recall for the binding failing. Anybody else had issues or work done as a result of the recall? I think it was 2010 models affected approx.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
You can't use a touring sole with a K2 cti, there is no toe height adjustment.

The recall was through Kastle, Marker USA wants absolutely NOTHING to do with that binding, it was a grey market import that Kastle Austria brought in behind their backs. The warranty would have been for 5 years, that binding is outside that now. The issue was that the binding 'creeps' on the track and it loses fwd pressure, to the point the heel can actually fall off the track.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but a new binding that allows for use of your touring soles (and isn't a safety hazard).

TS
Skibum Dynastar

Skibum Dynastar

Skier

The recall was through Kastle, Marker USA wants absolutely NOTHING to do with that binding, it was a grey market import that Kastle Austria brought in behind their backs. The warranty would have been for 5 years, that binding is outside that now. The issue was that the binding 'creeps' on the track and it loses fwd pressure, to the point the heel can actually fall off the track.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but a new binding that allows for use of your touring soles (and isn't a safety hazard).

Ah ok well that's good & bad news I suppose. I have just purchased some Movement Free Touring 3 Ski Boots which looks to have interchangeable soles. I cannot see any email details on the Movement website for stock ordering information - strange indeed.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

QFT. I calibrate bindings on a regular basis at a ski shop. When the binding is adjustable, you'd be amazed how being a little too tight can negatively affect release. Just the other night I loosened by a 1/4 turn a binding vertical toe adjustment and the release went from way out of adjustment to perfectly within parameters.

TS
Skibum Dynastar

Skibum Dynastar

Skier
I have found the email for Movement to ask for Apline Sole order details.

Sponsor

Staff online