• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Marvel actor killed in skiing accident.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
"Ulliel was hospitalized Tuesday after the accident in the Savoie region's Rosiere ski area, the Savoie prosecutor's office said. The office of the actor's agent said Ulliel died on Wednesday. It provided no details.

Local broadcaster France Bleu said Ulliel was hospitalized with a skull injury, and that he apparently collided with another skier at a crossing point on the slopes. The other skier was not hospitalized, according to France Bleu. Police and prosecutors would not discuss details of the accident."

from: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainmen...ard-ulliel-hospitalized-ski-accident-82347687

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Sure wish they would provide more detail other than "he apparently collided with another skier at a crossing point on the slopes". Need more detail to learn from this. Was he wearing a helmet? Amazing the people I see not wearing a helmet, especially this time of season, that man made snow can be like concrete.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sure wish they would provide more detail other than "he apparently collided with another skier at a crossing point on the slopes". Need more detail to learn from this. Was he wearing a helmet? Amazing the people I see not wearing a helmet, especially this time of season, that man made snow can be like concrete.
I just saw a news report that said that he wasn't wearing a helmet ... bad decision ...

• Sad
Reactions: Tex

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Any bets on who's details we will hear about first, this actor or Ron LeMaster's.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
From AP:

"While skiing Tuesday afternoon at La Rosière resort, Ulliel collided with another skier on an intermediate slope after turning left, presumably to join his friends on an adjoining slope, Anne Gaches, the Savoie prosecutor in Albertville, said in a statement Wednesday.

Preliminary findings from an investigation indicated that “both skiers fell to the ground after the collision,” the prosecutor said. Ulliel was “motionless and unconscious when rescuers arrived,” while the other skier was unharmed, Gaches said.

The director of the La Rosière resort, Jean Regaldo, told BFM television that Ulliel was not wearing a helmet when rescuers arrived. Helmets are not required on French ski slopes but are strongly recommended."

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
From AP:

"While skiing Tuesday afternoon at La Rosière resort, Ulliel collided with another skier on an intermediate slope after turning left, presumably to join his friends on an adjoining slope, Anne Gaches, the Savoie prosecutor in Albertville, said in a statement Wednesday.

Preliminary findings from an investigation indicated that “both skiers fell to the ground after the collision,” the prosecutor said. Ulliel was “motionless and unconscious when rescuers arrived,” while the other skier was unharmed, Gaches said.

The director of the La Rosière resort, Jean Regaldo, told BFM television that Ulliel was not wearing a helmet when rescuers arrived. Helmets are not required on French ski slopes but are strongly recommended."

I figured he was not wearing a helmet becuase the other guy was not hurt, they probably smacked heads.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
I figured he was not wearing a helmet becuase the other guy was not hurt, they probably smacked heads.

Yeah the helmet becomes quite dangerous to the head of the person not wearing one in that situation.

I can't imagine ever skiing without one.

Sponsor