• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Masters GS skis: glossary request ('cheater', 'tweener', 'masters', etc)

scrubadub

Booting up
Skier
What are you currently free skiing on?
Mostly Stormrider 102s in 182 with a little 178 Mirus Cor fun mixed in. Also have a pair of 176 M-Pro 85s but they don’t quite click for me (but prob need a tune).

I have some bad habits from skiing straight skis as a kid but like longer skis…

Last edited:

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Mostly Stormrider 102s in 182 with a little 178 Mirus Cor fun mixed in. Also have a pair of 176 M-Pro 85s but they don’t quite click for me (but prob need a tune).

I have some bad habits from skiing straight skis as a kid but like longer skis…

You might be well served to get a pair of mid to wide carvers as well. I found that I gained skills much faster staying in carve mode on narrower free skis vs. playing around on the fat ones in the trees all the time. A Titan, Deacon, Montero, etc would be a nice addition along with the race skis to help develop skills while not on the course.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After my enlightenment described in the general skiing thread, the previous 4 or 5 pages of discussion regarding the many GS manifestations, especially for the U14-U16 Juniors, makes so much more sense!!

scrubadub

Booting up
Skier
You might be well served to get a pair of mid to wide carvers as well. I found that I gained skills much faster staying in carve mode on narrower free skis vs. playing around on the fat ones in the trees all the time. A Titan, Deacon, Montero, etc would be a nice addition along with the race skis to help develop skills while not on the course.
Wair, in order to get better, I should get more skis? Sounds good to me…

I’ve been waffling on picking up a Montero AX.

Sponsor

Staff online