• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

May 5th

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
BC480E91-E7E2-4EA2-AA52-A2533854E9A5.jpeg

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Most people don’t know that back in 1912, Hellmann’s mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Why we always leave a big tip on Cinco..

1651757273499.png

And before anyone gets PC about this I refer you to the Dallas Cowboys jokes already posted iin the football threads that are just as bad..

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This thread made me groan a little.

But, Cheers! :margarita:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
May 5th is Liberation Day here in the Netherlands (liberated from Nazi Germany in 1945).
I have visited the The Netherlands the town of Hilversum was very nice.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yesterday some parents went all out picking up their kids at school. They jumped out of their gull-wing Tesla Model X in costume, blaring the Star Wars theme, as the crowd of kids went wild.

PXL_20220504_212057485.jpg

Our children were quick to point out that they are not only better parents, but they drive a much nicer car. :ogcool:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Maybe Heineken and Amstel are in order tonight, instead of Corona and Dos Equis!
Maybe @Cheizz has a suggestion of a favorite food or beverage to celebrate.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I stick to wine. Not a beer guy (and Amstel is the main river in Amsterdam - I have no idea why people have started to bottle it and started selling it as beer... bleh).

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
So what does one do when Cinco de Mayo is on Kentucky Derby Saturday?? Bourbon or tequila??

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So what does one do when Cinco de Mayo is on Kentucky Derby Saturday?? Bourbon or tequila??
Make yourself a "Man of Leisure" cocktail?

1 ½ ounces whiskey
1 ounce silver tequila
½ ounce lime juice
¼ ounce simple syrup
top with about 1 ½ ounces ginger beer
3 dashes Angostura bitters
lime wedge, for garnish

Combine whiskey, tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a snifter with ice. Top with ginger beer, Angostura bitters, and garnish with a lime wedge.

Sponsor

Staff online