• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Maybe the Nordica Navigator 85 isn't the ski for me after all...

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I still love the way they ski. Great in bumps, groomers, even powder. I love the way the real tail holds on to the end of the turn when you ask it to.

But.... I wore the last pair out in 80 days of skiing. I've skied the new pair for 9 days and most of the camber is gone.
:nono:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ehh… last time I tried a new pair of skis, they only lasted two days.
And that's the last time without a CC deposit. ;)

@mdf's "80 days" is like 120 or even 160 fo normal skiers since he skis bell to bell most days. We have to remember too, the Nav 85 is just a $549 ski...it does have limitations which I beleive Mike as indeed maxed out. As far as the camber being gone after 8 days on these, IIRC, Navigators didn't have a ton to start with.

James

Out There
Instructor
@mdf's "80 days" is like 120 or even 160 fo normal skiers since he skis bell to bell most days. We have to remember too, the Nav 85 is just a $549 ski...it does have limitations which I beleive Mike as indeed maxed out. As far as the camber being gone after 8 days on these, IIRC, Navigators didn't have a ton to start with.
Now he’s going to go back to the Coombas!
They probably had 200 days. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had a pair in the closet next to the never used SX 92’s in there.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
And that's the last time without a CC deposit. ;)

You should have lent him the Augment AM98's...

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@mdf,

Maybe you should try a Stockli Laser AX, they are supposed to last a long time due to their construction. ;)

Get the 175's this time. :ogbiggrin:

TS
mdf

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I wish I had taken a photo of the camber when new, rather than relying on fuzzy memory.

The SL are great so f
AR, but about to start bumps.

Sent to you from the Mammoth gondola.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wish I had taken a photo of the camber when new, rather than relying on fuzzy memory.
I just checked my fleet, and they don't have much camber, even new.

My 172 80's have ~75 days and still have camber on one ski. The other is a little bent. Oops, I didn't realize that (thanks for making me look). They still ski fine other than hard groomers. Why would I do that anyway?

My 179 90's have about ten days and look great and feel new on the snow.

The camber on all except for the bent ski look similar (not much camber) to my third pair, 179 80's I accidentally bought that only have a half-day on them. They came with system bindings rather than flat because I wasn't paying attention, so they got lost in my basement for a year or so until I recently discovered them a month ago. My 172 80's needed a tune so I skied the brand new 179 80's instead one morning. I didn't like them. Not sure if it was the length or stupid bindings, but I was happy to get back on my well-worn 172 80's for the afternoon.

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm always interested in trying your suggestions.
I tried the 90 and they were great. You should definitely try them.