• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Media Coverage of WC racing - Streaming or TV

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, but I got 6 months free with my Ikon pass.
Peacock still has replays, just not for North American races :doh: ! It’s a conspiracy!!
Search YouTube but if you find it, watch it before it gets pulled.

I watched yesterday’s race on CNBC but only because it’s easiest for me to just DVR it, skip ads & watch at my leisure.
I would be interested to know if Outside+ has different commentators?
Outside+ had Marco Sullivan and DJ Oetken (sp?). Watched a little of both. They seemed to have a similar amount of commercials as NBC during the live broadcast.

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
It seems insane that I have Peacock but can't watch the US races on replay. What am I paying for? I already pay for skiandsnowboardlive which sometimes has no commentary and sometimes I wish it had no commentary. It shouldn't be this hard.

PaganSkier

Booting up
Skier
I thought Marco Sullivan did a great job commentating the recent US races!
Agree - Marco surprised me - has the gift.
I have Peacock (I think just for Austria), ski and snowboard live, and outside watch for USA? Crazy, but got to watch some great racing this year including some really good Nordork.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well he is a pagan skier.
I just want to know what "Nordork" means. I'm assuming it's a silly term for Nordic? But don't know - never heard it before. (And not sure why someone who watches Nordic would call it something derogatory sounding in that case.)

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We decided to watch the women's slalom before getting to the men's GS, and one of the Steves (I think Schlanger) spoiled the result of the men's race while commenting Run 2 of the women's race. It was when Melanie Meillard was going down. Really? Was that necessary? I was so annoyed, especially since the GS result was such a plot twist.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
We decided to watch the women's slalom before getting to the men's GS, and one of the Steves (I think Schlanger) spoiled the result of the men's race while commenting Run 2 of the women's race. It was when Melanie Meillard was going down. Really? Was that necessary? I was so annoyed, especially since the GS result was such a plot twist.
Same here, as soon as I heard him mention "her brother" in the first run I shut off the volume & then just skipped her 2nd run before he had a chance to spoil it. Just because they all have to watch the race in the wee hours doesn't mean the rest of us do! I still haven't watched the men's GS but hope to get to it soon without getting spoiled. I've learned to search for the races with my hands over my eyes ;).

Even with all my diligence & advice to others about how to watch, I screwed up. I cancelled my Peacock premium right after Aspen thinking I would watch the finals on S&S live. I could have cancelled S&S last Sunday & saved a month but didn't remember that Peacock is the place for Austrian races till yesterday. I wrote them & they said they would give me a credit for the month but no refund. In the meantime I had to re-subscribe to Peacock :doh::doh::doh:!
My own fault but it really shouldn't be this difficult.

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I really wanted to watch the womens SL first because of Shiffrin ( and I expect that many of Peacock’s US audience would have a similar mindset) but decided to instead watch everything in chronological order because I was afraid of exactly this. I would like to think the nbc/peacock announcers would be cognizant of the fact that much of their US audience is not watching live at 2:30 am even though they themselves need to be awake at that time to do the broadcast, and therefore “live“ reporting on what has happened in events outside the current broadcast does not really add any value to their customers.

James

Out There
Instructor
. I would like to think the nbc/peacock announcers would be cognizant of the fact that much of their US audience is not watching live at 2:30 am even though they themselves need to be awake at that time to do the broadcast, and therefore “live“ reporting on what has happened in events outside the current broadcast does not really add any value to their customers.
Peacock has a long tradition of spoiling.
Back when they actually had races on regular Peacock. When you went to get the recording on the page, inevitably the first thing you see is some highlight with the title of who won.so this required trying to shield the top line with a finger or just giving up.

But that’s Peacock. Even worse was when races were delayed like an hour. You don’t get the event, you get what was on in that time slot. So it’s monster trucks for an hour, then ski racing, then that abruptly ends in the middle, and pro wrestling comes on.

Peacock is like Sears in the decades long death spiral. A great setup, just horribly managed. Your stores suck, everyone know that, but let’s hire consultants and pay a ceo millions to make up reasons.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January