• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Media Coverage of WC racing - Streaming or TV

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Do you happen to know how Peacock will work this year? Used to go L and down to sports, scroll to the icons of the different sports, i.e. there was a mountain icon for skiing etc.. But it is no there this year. Did they throw a trick in there?
Yep, adding insult to insult, they don't have the snowsports logo anymore in Peacock's roster. But don't worry, the supercross and rugby logos are still there!

Could skiing have a lower streaming profile in the US at this point? I'm sure there's a bunch of factors but this is just a bad situation.

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
Peacock is broadcasting Killington but not Lake Louise.
Go left and scroll down to Sports. Then scroll down to Live and Upcoming., then scroll way right to ALL. Then you can scroll down until you see Mikaela.

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
Peacock only had US events this season

Which is why I'm dropping Peacock. Paid up for skiing last year but we watch almost nothing else on Peacock. I was able to find the Levi races on YouTube and will just look there from now on.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Which is why I'm dropping Peacock. Paid up for skiing last year but we watch almost nothing else on Peacock. I was able to find the Levi races on YouTube and will just look there from now on.
I subscribed to skiandsnowboard.live personally... don't like the idea of watching illegal YouTube feeds myself, or the chance they won't be there :)

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
I subscribed to skiandsnowboard.live personally... don't like the idea of watching illegal YouTube feeds myself, or the chance they won't be there :)

Good point. I should just skip it rather than let YouTube show me commercials for an illegal stream. Of course many brands get exposure within every broadcast so the advertisers and corp sponsors lose my eyeballs ... but it would be unethical to watch it for 'free'.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
This link was just posted on the Men’s WC thread.

when I went to sign in to ski and snowboard live this morning, there was also a discount code available. Of course I have already paid for the month so I guess no discount for me.
NBC will also be showing the Killington races live both Saturday and Sunday according to their listing.
A few days ago I think I saw a post from Shiffrin that you could get peacock for $.99 a month although it sounded like you needed to sign up for the whole year, I could not find anything.
If anyone figures out how to do this, please post it here?

James

Out There
Instructor
BUT... a search for slalom right now shows me the second runs tomorrow and Sunday. I wonder if that's all that they'll have available?
That’s usual for Nbc, and I guess Peacock this year.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Peacock is broadcasting Killington but not Lake Louise.
Go left and scroll down to Sports. Then scroll down to Live and Upcoming., then scroll way right to ALL. Then you can scroll down until you see Mikaela.
Thanks Karl, worked but all I can get is the 2nd run Sla and GS. can't find any 1st run, did you find?

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
@Pete in Idaho That is all I found as well. Normally they do a first run recap and that is good enough for me. Then I'll watch the top 30 and let the excitement build.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There was mention that the NBC/Peacock coverage would be less than the Outside+ coverage for US events.
Well, going to Outside+ is at least as opaque.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is Peacock even showing the first run? I can’t find anything and they’re only listing Run 2.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Is Peacock even showing the first run? I can’t find anything and they’re only listing Run 2.
From what I could gather, only Outside + would be covering 1st run.

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
From what I could gather, only Outside + would be covering 1st run.

That is my understanding as well. And I found out too late that they are showing the first run on Outside+ for free.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm watching on Outside+. The announcers leave something to be desired. Not sure who the woman announcer is, but there's a lot of rambling, you know, um, you know. Took 25 minutes to get the crowd audio feed. The video is fine.

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
I'm watching on Outside+. The announcers leave something to be desired. Not sure who the woman announcer is, but there's a lot of rambling, you know, um, you know. Took 25 minutes to get the crowd audio feed. The video is fine.

Agreed. The woman announcer is Lindsey Vonn.

Edit, actually I was wrong. Woman announcer is Resi Steigler.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agreed. The woman announcer is Lindsey Vonn.

Edit, actually I was wrong. Woman announcer is Resi Steigler.
I actually like her. She’s giving the kind of background info on each skier that’s useful to the more casual viewer. Though she’d be more helpful on Peacock —I don’t know how many casual viewers would stumble onto an alpine race on Outside TV. She just needs a bit more polish.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!

SO FRUSTRATED by this shit show. Trying to watch the Outside+ replay. It starts at bib# 40 of the first run! AAANNND, the stupid app has NO controls for stop, pause, fast forward, rewind, or anything.